Is bullet club dieing

Mango kid

First off, you spelled...*looks at username*...nevermind...

Answer to question: No...the Bullet Club is fine. It feels kind of directionless, and has for a while...but it's still doing alright. The stable has had highs and lows all along...and I wouldn't consider the present time to be either a high or a low...just kind of cruising right now. They're still involved in almost every aspect of NJPW. You can hardly watch a single match without one of the branches of the Bullet Club being involved. I would not consider that "dying".

I'd put 2017 Bullet Club in the same category as I'd put nWo 2000. They're a shell of what they used to be and I feel like NJPW continues to use the name because it worked in the past. At this point it just feels like a collection of smaller units forming one big unit. It really should have faded away when AJ left. At this point you've got the Guerrillas of Destiny, The Elite, and a bunch of filler. Both groups could be successful without the Bullet Club banner.

With that being said though, I agree with what Generations has said. I think they have potential to reach great heights again, but right now they're just cruising. Personally I think that either Cody Rhodes or Adam Cole should be the "leader", but I guess Kenny is the only one who's guaranteed to be around for a while.

No, of course it isn't. Bullet Club always experiences small dips as old members leave for new pastures and they start to refill. I doubt they'll be having trouble any time soon.

I don't see how you can say they're dying, when the leader of the group main evented the biggest show of the year, something neither Devitt nor AJ ever did

I think it's because people don't feel like Omega is the leader (he is, though); Just because there are like three or four different groups within Bullet Club, does not mean that the very, very top guy is not still Omega...people need to remember that.

I think another factor is that they're no longer the hottest faction in New Japan. LIJ and even Suzuki Gun seem more popular than Bullet Club, now. Maybe not in America, but definitely in Japan. There were LIJ shirts everywhere at WrestleKingdom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't see how you can say they're dying, when the leader of the group main evented the biggest show of the year, something neither Devitt nor AJ ever did

I think it's because people don't feel like Omega is the leader (he is, though); Just because there are like three or four different groups within Bullet Club, does not mean that the very, very top guy is not still Omega...people need to remember that.

Cody and Kenny are going to take BC to new heights this year. You watch. Their chemistry together is ducking amazing. Both pyscho and remind me of the Joker. Can take this industry down! Cole will be gone soon though. Even Cody with him, it's like he's mocking him with "friendliness" and that him and Kenny already planned for Cody to be leader in the west and him the east..

Plus Bullet Club is "mainstream" now. No bigger stable, or recognition than what they have achieved, out of WWE/WCW for example since DX/NWO. Aces and Eights were no where near imo.

Bucks of Youth* getting on my tit though, annoying as *Censored*.

I don't know, pretty sure it was the Bullet Club angle that caught WWE's attention the second time around for Gallows & Anderson, perhaps even for AJ. And WWE definitely capitalized, or tried to, on the whole Bullet Club angle with Devitt since his debut on NXT and the whole "Balor Club" & Two Sweet hand signs he did.

Really wouldn't call bullet club main stream

Eh, you're typically wrong though...

Still compared to dx and nwo bullet club is not mainstream at least not on America

Just because of the scale of ROH/NJPW viewership compared to WWE/WCW viewership.

That doesn't really change the concept from being mainstream. When you have a company like ROH or NJPW (which is a niche market, and a very non-mainstream thing to begin with)...then you could argue that nothing related to ROH or NJPW is mainstream at all. But...the other way of looking at the situation is on a closer level...

Within ROH and NJPW, Bullet Club is the most mainstream thing they have going. If you know what ROH or NJPW are, then you know what Bullet Club is. And I would wager a guess that plenty of casuals outside of wrestling fandom probably know what Bullet Club is as well...just from seeing a t-shirt here or there. So...going on the basis that every single ROH/NJPW fan is familiar with Bullet Club...and there are also some "normies" out there who have heard of it...you could easily say that Bullet Club is bigger than ROH and NJPW combined...which is a pretty big claim. I'd classify that as mainstream...at least within the world of professional wrestling.

But, yeah...it's exactly the same as nWo. You had people back then, wearing the shirts...just because they wanted to be cool. You had people who didn't even watch the show...and they would have the shirts just because it was "the thing to do". I think Bullet Club attracts those same people.

Archived