Waste (and a link to my old garbage if you care)

WNX

**WARNING, ALOT OF READING. IF YOU WANT TO SKIP TO THE MAIN WRITTEN SONG, SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOLDED WASTE BELOW **

(Aw nevermind, it's not as much reading as I thought it was. If you frequent the US Politics thread you're goooooooooooooooolden, XD)

Just so no one can say I never contributed to this board. I've had a lot of songs on my mind lately that I've written, some alot older and some more recent. Wasn't sure which one I wanted to share first or at all. Went through my backlog recently and did a quick count. I've got stuff all over the place but just from saved files I've logged 165 written songs, there's at least another 20 in my rhyme book I haven't transferred, 40 or so I haven't finished yet or just gave up on with another 30 in my book in a similar state.

Usually I get an idea for something and just start jotting it down, wouldn't call them amazing or even decent by any means. They're just kind of "there" you know? I go back and read some of them and it's cool just to look back at the person you might have been a decade ago, things that were going through your head (and one of them, really playing to a dislike for Bush, I'm debating on posting at some point... prolly won't though) And with all of that, there MIGHT be, what... a solid 15 that I actually think are alright.

The majority of the tracks are rap based. Anybody wondering why they never see me in the rap and hip hop topic, I don't respect the craft as much as the fans here do. I can't appreciate hip hop in its truest form so I opt not to talk about that which I don't understand because my opinions on the topic differ so much from the average person that it comes off rather alien. It's probably why I took on the moniker of "The King of Parody". My initial idea was to create a "label", W2 (Whipwreck Wrecordz), make mock versions of several artists, and change my voice and delivery to sound like them. Subconsciously I think it was playing to my idea of being a fake or poor hip hop fan brought out to the forefront but, even though I still write joke songs, the ones littered with real emotions found their way through so I just wrote whatever I could. 15 years later, still writing.

Seems like I force it more than I use to so I try not to be so anxious to write a song in one stitting. I'll think of a hook, jot it down, might not see the song again for two months, come up with a few lines, jot em, 5 months pass. I'm sure there are songs from 2010 I didn't finish writing until last year and ideas from further back I haven't revisited to this day. But ANYWAYS, let me get to the actual point of this topic (which just means more explanation before I get to the actual point of this topic, XD)

----------------

This is a song called "Waste" which has had more Eurobeat origins in its inception. Originally it was gonna be mostly instrumental with only a chorus of:

You're a waste of good air and time

So get me off your mind

You're a waste of space and attention

So goodbye. So goodbye

I would eventually revisit the instrumental idea for the last two tracks I ever uploaded even though they don't sound much like the original concept. This first one (ignore the picture, XD) is the closest to the original concept. I just wanted to do something that gave me an excuse to use the Mischief Maker VFX zip I'd found recently at the time. This other one was something I thought of shortly thereafter. I had a very pervy fanfic, that I'm actually glad I lost the files for cause I'd have to do some serious rewrites to lessen the perv-factor, called Generations that incorporated a bunch of anime and video game characters combining them into basically one world they wouldn't otherwise be apart of. I thought about the fanfic while doing that first version and did something that was sort of like and end credits theme for an anime if it were one. The song I wrote would have had/will have influences from the original in it's instrumental but of course more hip hop.R&B centered.

I'm not usually one to listen to a song and try to decipher it's meaning so mine tend to be very one dimensional and not very open to interpretation so I'll tell you my intentions. It's still called "Waste" which is part of a series of [3] I wanted to write based around bi-polar disorder and abusive relationships (that may or may not be the cause for said disorder) and one of a very limited number of "real world" songs I've touched. It's told from the perspective of a guy speaking about a girl that he likes and she probably likes him, but has gotten burned so many times that she's unwilling to open up and pursue anything beyond a friendship. She's so afraid of getting hurt again she just closes that door off to the world. It's one of the handful of songs I enjoyed writing and really took me out of my element. Hopefully I can push out a few more over time. At long last...

WASTE

Have you ever seen pain outside of the physical

outside of the perminent visual

not something that can be touched but some thing that can be felt

only thing is it ain't yours it belongs to someone else

you wishin you could take it trap It inside yourself

so no other soul has to face it Face it it's a useless concept

the thought counts Not for a whole lot cause now they feel wasted

Taste-tested yuck tossed to the side no nevermind

But this is not bad produce this is a human being

With a heart that beats and emotions ever so fluently

Rushin, seams bust and it seems to scream trust

but believe there ain't a such thing, see the proof isn't much

Just try to open the eyes of the blind and realize

they See fine but don't wanna see light the darks a plus cause

Why allow another to discover who you really are

when There's a chance they'll leave em with scars

but I would never tell ya

You're a waste of space and time

So get the hell up outta my life

I know you seen alot of fakes and lies

You know I'm not those others guys

I would never tell ya

And I won't put fear on your face this time

You know I'm not those other guys

Have you ever wanted to do something so bad but you can't

but still Try to do everything you can

to keep hope alive, you don't wanna admit

that you can't keep Something alive that don't exist

I got a muse Out there somewhere with made walls I'm damn tall

my Legs long I could hop over right? you damn wrong

Because the host would send invites to scoundrels

Don't judge a book by its cover and drop it down low

Kick their feet up, relax, get comfortable

Overstay their welcome, be ass on this side of the door

Knock the look of the place, now nothing is good enough

Slap the look off her face, stop frontin and fix me lunch

Not only once but so many times so many guys

They were all alike a similiar type so why not I?

Guilty until proven innocent but I don't have a Case

don't dismiss me please wait

cause I would never tell ya

I know you seen alot of fakes and lies

You know I'm not those others guys

I would never tell ya

Have you Ever loved someone to afraid to love back

convinced they're forever mismatched or worse cursed

unsure if it's a trend ever to break let's call it fate

Never any better don't ever bother to pray

don't even muster your faith for what throw it away

like they Did you just yesterday, think that's gon change today?

negative think positive "positives how I've gotten here doubt

ing misery loves company no misery's loving me

So throw my walls back up and leave em

anybody wanting passage give em two birds and my ass to kiss

I can't feel the hurt if I eliminate potential"

and I Get it, I really do,

you can't jump into my Brain and know I'm genuinely into you

the worst pain is Knowin that there's no chance to switch your stance

your mind's made Up I just wished you'd held some different hands

willin to give you Everything and more

instead of treat you like a chore...

and I would never tell ya

----------------------

There you go, contributed. Oh, those two links from above would also take you to everything I've uploaded from the time I started in 03 through to about 09, but here is the link to the main music page. I did alot of game music remixes too. That's something I've been thinking more about because playing with sounds is more fun and less stressful than writing songs and I'd like to do some albums with game remixed beats. Wrote a bunch of songs for them it's just a matter of executing them properly.

Now look. I don't wanna hear about how sucky sheeit seems, how the mic quality is awful, the mix is bad, the audio levels are low or skewed. It was a long time ago, I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and I was listening to things a million times worse from people that actually didn't realized they were hot garbage bags. Like I said, I'm still writing with the hope of one day getting back to recording it and instead of winging it, I'm gonna do alot more studying into production. I don't have to be professional level but I want to take my [lack of skills] from what's on that site and blow it out of 12 waters when (if) I come back. The number of songs I started doesn't even begin to touch the number of instrumental ideas I have between rap beats, electronica, game remixes, and a little something I've been wanting to do alot recently where I do an instrumental version of mainstream songs, like how people like Rakohus are always doing 8-bit remixes of popular tracks. So many ideas, in my head, in text, in writing, and it sucks not to be able to do it but one day I hope to. I just have to make some life changes to get myself to that point.

In the mean time I've always got my book and an odd way of thinking. That should continue to keep me entertained ^_^. Normally I'd apologize for the long ass post, but I'll just say I'm so glad this laptop didn't turn off while typing this cause I'da been mad as *Censored*

Speaking as someone who co-writes for his thrash band, I really don't mind the lyrics lol. They're not bad at all, I agree with Ernez that "case" line was pretty cool.

Reminds me of a Radiohead song tbh

Speaking as someone who co-writes for his thrash band, I really don't mind the lyrics lol. They're not bad at all, I agree with Ernez that "case" line was pretty cool.

Reminds me of a Radiohead song tbh

Never really thought much of that line honestly, XD. Odd that it's what stood out there. Anywhere I can peep these songs you co-wrote and do you play in it too?

Not my call. We have both digital and physical copies of our stuff, but that's to send out to promoters so we are booked. We're more about playing live and having fun than doing it to record. It's thrash metal bro, it's all about the party!

XD well fair enough. Just figured if you actually created a larger following by putting some stuff out there it could probably lead to more bookings, which would lead to more "fun". You don't know how many contacts people that happen to come across your stuff have and we've all experienced the power of the internet. Word of mouth is a serious thing around these parts.

XD well fair enough. Just figured if you actually created a larger following by putting some stuff out there it could probably lead to more bookings, which would lead to more "fun". You don't know how many contacts people that happen to come across your stuff have and we've all experienced the power of the internet. Word of mouth is a serious thing around these parts.

Dont worry, we're not short of a "following" or anything. We've been doing it for a while now, we know what we're doing.

Archived