Official WWE Fastlane Discussion Thread

Jmerc

I would have been okay with Sting winning.

He could wrestle (at the time anyways). I'm not usually the type who complains about big names coming back. Hell, I don't even mind seeing Lesnar as champion nor did I care nearly as much when The Rock did.

However, that all changes when the person in question can't even take a bump.

That's no different from having celebrities or other non-wrestlers winning the strap. Might as well have given it to Bret Hart instead of the US title if that's the case...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe Kevin Owens lost to Goldberg like that... this is why CM Punk walked out. *Censored* this company.

For real...

And such a dangerous time to be jerking around top talents in favor of legends. The entire wrestling world is in a boom period right now. There's money to be made in about 4 or 5 different places. Really not the time that WWE wants to push the tolerance of the locker room for shenanigans. Owens himself might be a professional who agreed that it was cool to lose the belt like that...but other guys in the back might have their own ideas about the fact that he was even asked to...

I bet Owens was secretly hoping that the fans would turn on Goldberg or something, I mean how could he not? I see the difference between guys like Owens/Rollins and Punk is that the latter was willing to speak out and not take any unfair shit... At least that's how I look at it.

I don't think there's any way to look at this situation positively. The fact that casual fans on TV are gladly eating this up is beyond me...

I bet Owens was secretly hoping that the fans would turn on Goldberg or something, I mean how could he not? I see the difference between guys like Owens/Rollins and Punk is that the latter was willing to speak out and not take any unfair shit... At least that's how I look at it.

I don't think there's any way to look at this situation positively. The fact that casual fans on TV are gladly eating this up is beyond me...

It's not just casuals who like it. There are a portion of marks who like it too. For every thousand marks that are pissed off there is a thousand more that aren't. Just more get online to bitch.

There's no problem discussing financials on a wrestling forum. Just know that there's a lot more to it than people are making out. Just saying your opinion doesn't make it fact. WWE are going to make a ton of money off of Goldberg/Lesnar at WrestleMania. Probably much more than they would of made with Kevin Owens in the main event.

Give me the facts, then. Show me the big ratings spikes whenever Goldberg's on TV, show me the WWE Network buys going through the roof for Fastlane. Raw ratings have been the drizzling shits even with Goldberg on. I don't see this Goldberg vs Brock Mania main event being anywhere close to Cena/Rock levels which would be the one time I'd agree with WWE about bringing in an old star for a dream match at the Mania main event. And in that case it wasn't a match between two part timers, it was one part timer and the biggest name wrestling full time in the company.

WAIT A MINUTE

I asked you the same thing last month and your answer was simply "it's obvious."

I know I'm late, and I didn't get the chance to watch it sooner but...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I legit feel sad for KO for not being in main event or any event that includes WWE Universal title or any match high on the card.

They can do whatever they like with their "Goldberg vs Lesnar brings buyrates" (which is absolute bullshit, especially after that fiasco of their first a match, and anyone who says otherwise is realisticly a a troll, not sane, or plane and simple refuses to get it).

I could say the same with AJ Styles, but I guess through the whole year he looked better and was better than KO, and most definetly deserves a top spot at the top show. I don't know, I guess everything has been said already, but man... I can even understand the grudges or worry about the image of the WWE if AJ Styles main events Wrestlemania (which is again complete bs in business and every way), but KO situation...it's just plain dissrespectful towards your employ who has been working hs ass off since the day he came into your friggin company, and showed more than "good" results.

The "segment" itself (I can't even call that a match), really looked worse than I imagined it would be. Everything about it was so awkward.

Litteraly no excuse for them to pull shit like this, more so towards their performers than the fans. And yes, I have to mention it, CM Punk was right with his statements and opinions. You can dissect whatever you want but these things are still there. Props for KO, AJ Styles and all other performers we enjoy that don't get much more than they deserve in that company.

Just saying he deserved something better than a match with Shane. Even in discussions these past few months I never said he was ruined or whatever.

And I also said that I understand one of the possible reasons why they wouldnt want him there. Its not a conspiracy theory or snything...

So I really dont get your comment

He doesn't deserve better than a match with Shane. Wake up man. There's a very short list of wrestlers who fought McMahons at Mania and guess what? All huge *censored*ing names. HBK. Hulk Hogan. Bret Hart. Undertaker.

It's not a spot that everybody gets. Styles already has been champion. He can have a match with Shane. Dude doesn't need to be in every WWE Championship match.

I'd honestly love to hear Styles speak about his upcoming match with Shane in a real interview to see if he thinks he deserves a staged title match instead.

I love Shane. I love Shane matches. But that's still a really stupid logic.

Of course AJ deserves better than a Shane match...he deserves a WWE title match. That should have been his place at Mania. - All things considered, a Shane match is not bad...at all. But, "deserving better" doesn't automatically mean that what someone is getting sucks...it just means that they deserve even better than that. And AJ does...he carried the SD brand for the entire year...only to randomly lose his rightful spot at Mania. That's pretty lame.

Dude. You're saying that as a fan though. How do you know Styles doesn't think a match with Shane will be cool? How do you know he'd prefer a WWE title match?

There are things cooler than a typical WWE Title match. Like a Taker match or the very rare time Shane steps into a ring. I think Orton/Wyatt will be boring but they actually have a reason to battle at Mania.

...and it's far from stupid logic. As much as winning a world title might mean to a wrestler, this is still staged wrestling. The world title match is not the be all, end all. It's stupid logic to think that it is.

People talk about Shane diving off the cage more than they do Triple H facing Reigns.

Oh...I'm sure Styles is happy to be at Mania, and I'm sure he's happy to work with Shane...I don't think he's upset that he has a match, and I don't think he's upset to be working with Shane. But I do think he's upset that he isn't having that no.1 spot.

You're kidding yourself if you think that ANYONE wants to pass on being the main event of Mania for ANY other match. Styles worked his ass off, in a company that was brand new to him. He had one of the best years of his entire career...and to make it back to what would be his first proper Mania...(not just a thrown-together match on his debut Mania), to get anything other than the full trust of the company...after he blatantly carried the WWE title and their entire Smackdown brand...nah, nobody is cool with that kind of treatment.

I'm not "looking at it like a fan"...that's a cop-out for the blatant logic at play. He was their top guy for an entire year. And they didn't trust him at Mania for some reason. That's the bottom line. That feeling must suck. I refuse to believe that it doesn't.

And the comment about more people remembering Shane's dive over HHH/Roman is pointless as well. An AJ Styles WWE title match at Mania would be remembered as an AJ Styles WWE title match at Mania. You can't just compare it to HHH vs Reigns (a match hardly anyone cared about). Apples and oranges.

You're not looking at that final point the right way. All I mean is that any WM match can be memorable and that the WWE title match is not necessarily the match we'll be looking back on.

That's not a cop-out. You're enforcing this idea that everybody strictly wants to be in the title match at Mania and that Styles wouldn't be cool with that treatment. You legit don't know that man. There's no point of really discussing it if you're going to insist on stuff none of us know bud.

All I'll add is that Jack Swagger VS Swagger was a top title match (yes, it was SD's top title at the time. I don't want to get into a ridiculous prestige argument). So was Edge VS Del Rio. Would those matches really mean more to you, if you were a wrestler, than to be trusted in a match with Vince's son?

Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

Whatever we know, or don't know about how Styles feels isn't really the point...You said he didn't deserve better than the Shane match. That isn't true. He deserves the top match...and that holds true whether he's upset about not getting it or not. Period.

Oh but I stand by that. He deserves a top match on the card. But I see the Shane match as a top match in a way...

- A match against Taker

- A match against Brock

- A match against Triple H

- A title match

- A match against a McMahon

Getting a singles match at Mania is a rarity for most performers. I don't think Ziggler, a former two time champion, has ever got one. However, I see it as a big deal for any performer who gets any of these matches at the biggest stage of them all. They obviously have to be trusted performers to be put in these spots (Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose)...all big names in our current time whether we like them or not.

It's cool if you look at things differently man. My problem is mainly with people who scream that Styles is being MISTREATED BY THE WWE OMG!!111

"A match against a McMahon" only holds true if it's a match with a storyline and a proper build. And I don't just mean "oh...the GM screwed me" a month before the show...I mean a real story. The Taker match would have been seen as an absolute waste of time if not for Shane's leap of faith as well. And that's another point. What can Shane do that will top HiaC? Absolutely nothing. That was the perfect sendoff for Shane as well. Not only is the AJ/Shane match incredibly last minute and pointless...but it undoes a lot of that perfect sendoff for Shane's in-ring career.

"A match against a McMahon" only holds true if it's a match with a storyline and a proper build. And I don't just mean "oh...the GM screwed me" a month before the show...I mean a real story. The Taker match would have been seen as an absolute waste of time if not for Shane's leap of faith as well. And that's another point. What can Shane do that will top HiaC? Absolutely nothing. That was the perfect sendoff for Shane as well. Not only is the AJ/Shane match incredibly last minute and pointless...but it undoes a lot of that perfect sendoff for Shane's in-ring career.

That is Shane's choice though. I highly doubt his dad is forcing him to wrestle. If he wants to wrestle for the company his family owns (and keep in mind that he still has a lot of fans), I don't think we have a right to say otherwise.

...but I certainly agree with you about the proper build and story lacking.

I wonder how people felt when Rock faced Hogan at Wrestlemania back then. Or when Hogan won the undisputed title a month later from Triple H. Or when Hogan teamed with Edge to become tag-team champions several months later.

Meanwhile, an argument that goes overlooked is that there are a limited amount of people and feuds you can put in world title matches and the one they're going for right now is a very well-received feud that dates back almost 8 months. And one can easily state that AJ Styles does not fit in that feud.

Archived