Official WWE Fastlane Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think booing is necessary tbh. I understand how people feel but Goldbergs moments and booking has been successfully done thus far. Especially for a 50 year old who hasn't been in the ring for 12 years. Tonight could be argued for sure but I'm good with Bill having his moment and them moving on. The big 4 has been this way for years now anyways. Not like it's going to change. Funny how people are willing to ruin someone's moment or for others who enjoy it because they don't like it. A scripted entertainment show no less.

Maybe that was a bit much. I don't know. I'm just pissed that the main event of WrestleMania is gonna be between two part timers and won't even last two minutes.
I completely understand and respect that. While I love Goldberg and I'm glad he's getting his moment. I get the gripes. The title isn't needed for that match. I would've liked to see him get a run maybe later this year or something unless he's truly done after Mania. But there really isn't anyone to carry it atm for a high profile match. Everyone is hurt or some shit. If it would've been KO and Jericho we all would've been mad that we knew the outcome to it. Even if it would've been a better match.

... what? It's far less predictable than Goldberg/Lesnar (which happens to carry the most predictable result for a WrestleMania main event ever), it would have been a million, billion, trillion, zillion times more meaningful title match, and it is a high profile match in every way, shape or form. It sure as hell means a hell lot more than a joke of a main event that's gonna last less than 5 minutes and serves zero purpose.

Well the truth is. We don't know how long it will last for sure and what will happen. We don't know 100 percent if Goldberg stays or goes. Jericho is supposed to be leaving after Wrestlemania too. So I think there is a pretty good chance that neither Goldberg or Jericho would walk out of there champion. They both have would have about the same slim chance of doing so. And I already said it would be a better match but Goldberg and Brock will sell better whether you agree or not. As I said, I get the argument. But less predictable? Nah

By that logic, they should just fire their entire roster and book the whole show with stars from the past on huge paychecks, even those that can't even take a bump (Goldberg, ha!), but hey, they'll obviously sell better and make them loads of money so that makes it all okay.

As a fan, you should care about what you find entertaining, not what puts more money in Vince's pocket. If you're looking more forward to Lesnar/Goldberg as a viewer, that's fine. But that "will sell more" argument from the viewpoint of a fan literally makes no sense. I watch shows for good wrestling, every fan does. I don't care what "sells" more if it's gonna be the biggest abomination of a wrestling match in history.

As a fan, you should care about what you find entertaining, not what puts more money in Vince's pocket. If you're looking more forward to Lesnar/Goldberg as a viewer, that's fine. But that "will sell more" argument from the viewpoint of a man literally makes no sense.

And it's not even logical for that to be the case, IMO...

Even as a Goldberg or Lesnar fan...you know damn well that it's going to be a bullshit match with no real effort. We've seen what Goldberg is (or isn't) capable of at this point in his life. You get excited to see Goldberg...to hear him cut a badass promo, just be Bill Goldberg in general...but I don't know how even the biggest Goldberg fan could bring him or herself to be excited about a Goldberg "match" in 2017...if you actually want to call it a "match"...because they really haven't been thus far. They're just appearances. Who could possibly enjoy a Goldberg "appearance" enough to argue that it deserves the absolute top spot at Wrestlemania? That's insanity.

As a fan, you should care about what you find entertaining, not what puts more money in Vince's pocket. If you're looking more forward to Lesnar/Goldberg as a viewer, that's fine. But that "will sell more" argument from the viewpoint of a man literally makes no sense.

And it's not even logical for that to be the case, IMO...

Even as a Goldberg or Lesnar fan...you know damn well that it's going to be a bullshit match with no real effort. We've seen what Goldberg is (or isn't) capable of at this point in his life. You get excited to see Goldberg...to hear him cut a badass promo, just be Bill Goldberg in general...but I don't know how even the biggest Goldberg fan could bring him or herself to be excited about a Goldberg "match"...if you actually want to call it a "match"...because they really haven't been thus far. They're just "appearances". Who could possibly enjoy a Goldberg "appearance" enough to argue that it deserves the absolute top spot at Wrestlemania? That's insanity.

Yeah, I know, it's ridiculous any way you look at it. Was just a general example of how something can be justified if there's genuine interest (for whatever reason) and not because it's strictly in the best interests of a company for making profits.

Yep. And the best part is those casuals can watch Wrestlemania for free anyways with those constant free trials so they ain't even getting their money.

Even more reason they should make the current stars look better against the past. Give casual fans and returning fans a reason to keep watching after the trial because even they know the likes of Lesnar, Goldberg, and Taker won't be around after Mania

I like Goldberg. And Lesnar. And I have no problems seeing them in a world title match at Wrestlemania. In fact, I'm pretty excited to see it. Been pretty excited by the entire feud thus far. And last time I asked my psychiatrists, I'm not insane.

How dare you have your own opinion.

I like Goldberg. And Lesnar. And I have no problems seeing them in a world title match at Wrestlemania. In fact, I'm pretty excited to see it. Been pretty excited by the entire feud thus far. And last time I asked my psychiatrists, I'm not insane.

Truly an act only the absolute mentally deranged would perform.

You like shitty things you imbecile

I was fist-pumping when Goldberg won the title, that basically makes me worse than Hitler. Monkey D. Nazi, that should be my name.

I was fist-pumping when Goldberg won the title, that basically makes me worse than Hitler. Monkey D. Nazi, that should be my name.

Terrible analogy you should be ashamed.

Think it's bad now, wait till Reigns beats Lesnar sometime after Mania. I can't think of anyone else they'd have go over him.

Terrible analogy you should be ashamed.

I'm sorry, I got a bit too gassed after Goldberg's win. And he's Jewish too, really disrespectful to refer to the original Hitman like that.

I don't think booing is necessary tbh. I understand how people feel but Goldbergs moments and booking has been successfully done thus far. Especially for a 50 year old who hasn't been in the ring for 12 years. Tonight could be argued for sure but I'm good with Bill having his moment and them moving on. The big 4 has been this way for years now anyways. Not like it's going to change. Funny how people are willing to ruin someone's moment or for others who enjoy it because they don't like it. A scripted entertainment show no less.

Maybe that was a bit much. I don't know. I'm just pissed that the main event of WrestleMania is gonna be between two part timers and won't even last two minutes.
I completely understand and respect that. While I love Goldberg and I'm glad he's getting his moment. I get the gripes. The title isn't needed for that match. I would've liked to see him get a run maybe later this year or something unless he's truly done after Mania. But there really isn't anyone to carry it atm for a high profile match. Everyone is hurt or some shit. If it would've been KO and Jericho we all would've been mad that we knew the outcome to it. Even if it would've been a better match.

... what? It's far less predictable than Goldberg/Lesnar (which happens to carry the most predictable result for a WrestleMania main event ever), it would have been a million, billion, trillion, zillion times more meaningful title match, and it is a high profile match in every way, shape or form. It sure as hell means a hell lot more than a joke of a main event that's gonna last less than 5 minutes and serves zero purpose.

Well the truth is. We don't know how long it will last for sure and what will happen. We don't know 100 percent if Goldberg stays or goes. Jericho is supposed to be leaving after Wrestlemania too. So I think there is a pretty good chance that neither Goldberg or Jericho would walk out of there champion. They both have would have about the same slim chance of doing so. And I already said it would be a better match but Goldberg and Brock will sell better whether you agree or not. As I said, I get the argument. But less predictable? Nah

By that logic, they should just fire their entire roster and book the whole show with stars from the past on huge paychecks, even those that can't even take a bump (Goldberg, ha!), but hey, they'll obviously sell better and make them loads of money so that makes it all okay.

As a fan, you should care about what you find entertaining, not what puts more money in Vince's pocket. If you're looking more forward to Lesnar/Goldberg as a viewer, that's fine. But that "will sell more" argument from the viewpoint of a fan literally makes no sense. I watch shows for good wrestling, every fan does. I don't care what "sells" more if it's gonna be the biggest abomination of a wrestling match in history.

I don't care about what goes in Vince's pocket. But I know what makes money. As a fan I'm good with it. All of it comes down to opinion. Some are good with it, some aren't. I'm not gonna go hijack a show over it though and ruin someone else's good time or Goldberg's moment just because others don't agree with it. He's got great reactions and had great moments so far so I'm happy with it. It's not like this is Russo or Hogan level nonsense. But that is opinion too. Hell this has been more entertaining for me to watch the reaction of people on social media all saying the same shit like they know how to run the business. It's scripted entertainment for crying out loud. You're still getting some good matches at Wrestlemania. If you watch it for wrestling then Jericho and Owens won't disappoint I'm sure. And if Finn makes a come back then we'll have another one.

All these people trying to give Vince McMahon advice on how to book a wrestling show and financially run a company :lol:

Brock vs Goldberg at WrestleMania will be fun. And it's a refreshing change to see Goldberg with the title after we've had like 6 months of nothing but Owens/Reigns/Rollins. Especially since the Goldberg title run is only going to be short and sweet anyway, personally I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy it.

All these people trying to give Vince McMahon advice on how to book a wrestling show and financially run a company :lol:

No one did that.

And he could definitely use help with the former, since the shows (or at least Raw) are dropping ratings all the time. Booking is something that WWE clearly struggles with. Because every other company (with the exception of TNA) has way better champions and performers in general...WWE sucks at making strong champions. Sometimes they accidentally get it right, but they usually sabotage themselves in the end.

No one did that.

And he could definitely use help with the former, since the shows (or at least Raw) are dropping ratings all the time. Booking is something that WWE clearly struggles with. Because every other company (with the exception of TNA) has way better champions and performers in general...WWE sucks at making strong champions. Sometimes they accidentally get it right, but they usually sabotage themselves in the end.

All of this is Opinions, not fact.

Myself, as well as millions of other people, think WWE does a great job of building champions and booking storylines, and are thoroughly entertained by the content on a weekly basis. Sure, some of it is hit and miss, but I take the good with the bad and enjoy the overall product very much. Just because a few disgruntled fans are pissed about Owens dropping the belt to Goldberg doesn't mean the WWE suddenly don't know how to run a wrestling promotion.

Archived