Official WWE Fastlane Discussion Thread

Jmerc

A participation certificate doesn't count.

... no I'm not being serious lmfao. Why on gods green earth would I be serious about some hypothetical Wrestlemania match with an internet stranger?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think booing is necessary tbh. I understand how people feel but Goldbergs moments and booking has been successfully done thus far. Especially for a 50 year old who hasn't been in the ring for 12 years. Tonight could be argued for sure but I'm good with Bill having his moment and them moving on. The big 4 has been this way for years now anyways. Not like it's going to change. Funny how people are willing to ruin someone's moment or for others who enjoy it because they don't like it. A scripted entertainment show no less.

Maybe that was a bit much. I don't know. I'm just pissed that the main event of WrestleMania is gonna be between two part timers and won't even last two minutes.

I completely understand and respect that. While I love Goldberg and I'm glad he's getting his moment. I get the gripes. The title isn't needed for that match. I would've liked to see him get a run maybe later this year or something unless he's truly done after Mania. But there really isn't anyone to carry it atm for a high profile match. Everyone is hurt or some shit. If it would've been KO and Jericho we all would've been mad that we knew the outcome to it. Even if it would've been a better match.

On another note, you can't say that those guys are stars because if they all were these mega stars there would be 0 need to bring in guys like Goldberg because their star power alone would fill every arena.

Raws and PPVs sell out, we don't need people like Goldberg and Lesnar because WWE will sell as cuz it's WWE

You do realise Raw hasn't even been selling out right? Then again you are known for spewing bullshit you know nothing about as facts, so probably not.

I don't think booing is necessary tbh. I understand how people feel but Goldbergs moments and booking has been successfully done thus far. Especially for a 50 year old who hasn't been in the ring for 12 years. Tonight could be argued for sure but I'm good with Bill having his moment and them moving on. The big 4 has been this way for years now anyways. Not like it's going to change. Funny how people are willing to ruin someone's moment or for others who enjoy it because they don't like it. A scripted entertainment show no less.

Maybe that was a bit much. I don't know. I'm just pissed that the main event of WrestleMania is gonna be between two part timers and won't even last two minutes.

I completely understand and respect that. While I love Goldberg and I'm glad he's getting his moment. I get the gripes. The title isn't needed for that match. I would've liked to see him get a run maybe later this year or something unless he's truly done after Mania. But there really isn't anyone to carry it atm for a high profile match. Everyone is hurt or some shit. If it would've been KO and Jericho we all would've been mad that we knew the outcome to it. Even if it would've been a better match.

... what? It's far less predictable than Goldberg/Lesnar (which happens to carry the most predictable result for a WrestleMania main event ever), it would have been a million, billion, trillion, zillion times more meaningful title match, and it is a high profile match in every way, shape or form. It sure as hell means a hell lot more than a joke of a main event that's gonna last less than 5 minutes and serves zero purpose.

... what? It's far less predictable than Goldberg/Lesnar (which happens to carry the most predictable result for a WrestleMania main event ever), it would have been a million, billion, trillion, zillion times more meaningful title match, and it is a high profile match in every way, shape or form. It sure as hell means a hell lot more than a joke of a main event that's gonna last less than 5 minutes and serves zero purpose.

You must have missed last year's...

I just want Strowman to...somehow...some way...find his way into that Goldberg/Lesnar match, and end both of their careers. Maybe Steph could book it...as a result of being pissed that Goldberg won the title to begin with. Blame it on Foley's incompetence. Put Strowman in the match to make things "right". I don't care how it gets done...just do it. Do something to make that match watchable...

You must have missed last year's...

Of course it was obvious, but it still involved Triple H so there was always the small possibility of a different result. This right now is just the most lazily booked main event of all timewith the most painfully obvious result just for the sake of making huge money with zero effort.

If I was a hot free agent, shit like this would keep me away. Glad Kenny Omega got his ass away from there. As he said, just a cog in the machine. Yuck

True like shit. Do y'all think AJ had a "none of that bullshit" clause in his contract so he doesn't get booked like poopoo? If so, if Omega or The Bucks or whoever is nice enough to even consider coming to WWE, that should be their first demand.

No, if you look at how AJ was booked initially he was putting Jericho and Reigns over - but he changed WWE's mind because he was just insanely good.

Shane at Mania would fall into the "bullshit" category personally.

Fastlane was pretty forgettable overall, as others said - was very much like an average episode of Raw. Foley's getting fired tomorrow for sure.

On another note, you can't say that those guys are stars because if they all were these mega stars there would be 0 need to bring in guys like Goldberg because their star power alone would fill every arena.

Raws and PPVs sell out, we don't need people like Goldberg and Lesnar because WWE will sell as cuz it's WWE

You do realise Raw hasn't even been selling out right? Then again you are known for spewing bullshit you know nothing about as facts, so probably not.

Yeah but RAW is shit

If I was a hot free agent, shit like this would keep me away. Glad Kenny Omega got his ass away from there. As he said, just a cog in the machine. Yuck

True like shit. Do y'all think AJ had a "none of that bullshit" clause in his contract so he doesn't get booked like poopoo? If so, if Omega or The Bucks or whoever is nice enough to even consider coming to WWE, that should be their first demand.

No, if you look at how AJ was booked initially he was putting Jericho and Reigns over - but he changed WWE's mind because he was just insanely good.

Fastlane was pretty forgettable overall, as others said - was very much like an average episode of Raw. Foley's getting fired tomorrow for sure.

That's a huge thing. His initial programs were big feuds.

Just because he lost the feuds, doesn't mean it's bullshit.

That's a huge thing. His initial programs were big feuds.

Just because he lost the feuds, doesn't mean it's bullshit.

Yeah Mike. Seriously. You're a decent poster but your obsession with AJ is cringey sometimes.

Only thing I'll give you is that Styles should have beat Jericho at Mania. However, even that didn't hurt him. Dude's been a star ever since he joined the roster

Well the truth is. We don't know how long it will last for sure and what will happen. We don't know 100 percent if Goldberg stays or goes. Jericho is supposed to be leaving after Wrestlemania too. So I think there is a pretty good chance that neither Goldberg or Jericho would walk out of there champion. They both have would have about the same slim chance of doing so. And I already said it would be a better match but Goldberg and Brock will sell better whether you agree or not. As I said, I get the argument. But less predictable? Nah

We'll the truth is. We don't know how long it will last for sure and what will happen. We don't know 100 percent if Goldberg stays or goes. Jericho is supposed to be leaving after Wrestlemania too. So I think there is a pretty good chance that neither Goldberg or Jericho would out of there champion. They both have would have about the same slim chance of doing so. And I already said it would be a better match but Goldberg and Brock will sell better whether you agree or not. As I said, I get the argument. Less predictable? Nah

Logic behind the bold is one of the biggest problems with WWE.

Yeah...it will sell. But will it sell better than anything else? Was this truly the best match for the top event of the year? Will it really outsell any number of other matches? I think the answer to that is a resounding NO. Especially with the high-dollar contracts required to book both of the men in that match. It's WWE's typical "throw all the monies at WM" strategy that always leads to the show being awful. With WWE's ratings always at a constant low, I don't see how anyone could ever argue that these shitty "dream" matches are doing any good for the industry in the long term. In reality, the numbers suck because we've had year after year where the biggest rising names in the industry have been either left off, or buried at WM. They need consistency in building their stars. They don't need "dream" matches.

What I think about their strategy goes beyond that. Even if this match sells more than any other match now it isn't necessarily the best match from a financial stand point. They can't keep relying on old stars to make money because soon the well will dry up and then they're left with a bunch of guys the casual audience sees as jobbing nerds like KO who lost in 20 seconds to a 50 year old dude. Can you imagine if instead of having Austin win the belt at Mania 14 they would've had Bruno Sammartino vs Backlund main eventing after squashing Austin and HBK?

Yeah...I think you just did a better job of explaining what I'm trying to say. It's like...one "big bang" does not make for a good longterm solution. They do these kinds of things, and they alienate their true fanbase...and they're left with nothing but casuals...casuals who may or may not even watch the weekly product. It isn't a wise marketing solution. You get all the people who liked watching Goldberg as a kid. You get those people to watch for ONE SINGLE NIGHT...and then they go away and never come back. Meanwhile, you have KO...your top rising guy. The guy who will continue to sell tickets every single week...but he looks like shit. Instead of luring the old Goldberg fans in with memories of Goldberg being their favorite, and then getting them interested in the new guys while they're watching...you just make the new guys look like shit...and there is ZERO interest gained in the actual product. Using those old names is a great strategy...if you follow through with it. But it only hurts the product if you use it as a one-off and gain no longterm loyalty.

Archived