Official WWE Fastlane Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just say it and I don't even give a shit. I'm all in for a Goldberg run. It'll be short and sweet and it'll be it. Nostalgia is great for Wrestlemania and after its over it'll go back to Owens or Balor or someone else. He can win a belt for his kid and then after he loses it make sporadic appearances till he gets the hall of fame and rides off into the sunset. Still better than Reigns. And Reigns will probably be the one carrying it most of this year anyway. Everyone will be suffering through that shit all summer so a couple months won't be bad.

I guess you can wish for Michael Cole to read anonymous GM messages again and bring Hornswoggle back. It could definitely be worse. I don't even care if I'm the only one. I'll enjoy it for what it is and move on.

Goldberg has to win. He needs to stay lookin like he'll kill any and everything to stay over. Honestly I don't think it would've worked if he wasn't this over. For me, I've never been super keen on Goldberg but it's nice to see how hot the fans are for him. He gets some of the biggest pops.

In the event that Goldberg doesn't become champion I think the reason will be because of Brock costing him. The better story IMO would be if Jericho cost Owens to lead to their matchup at Mania. However, I don't think Brock and Goldberg need a title added to their match as I think the scenario I'd prefer is to have Roman as champion against Taker at Mania which seems like where we're headed (Roman keeps referring to his "yard" which is classic Taker). Adding a title to Brock/Goldberg separates it from their previous Mania match, but they're building this rivalry in a way that doesn't need the extra stakes of a championship. Roman as champ would give him nuclear heat with the people who don't like him which to me is better for his character and for his performances. I'm still hoping KO remains champion going into Mania, but if he had to give it to someone else to elevate a match it would be Taker/Roman. Even replacing Taker with Goldberg in the same story Bill's in right now would work better for me.

As for Strowman, I never really saw much in him. Seems like they keep doing the same thing with him and I really think he's regressed since the Rumble back into a mid-carder.

^ Thank God you aren't booking shit.

I would take a six month Goldberg reign of him just squashing people over two months of Reigns. It's the wrong kind of nuclear heat.

...and I won't even touch the Strowman stuff. But losing to Reigns will certainly regress him...

Well there goes Braun's dominance streak...

*Censored* Reigns. Honestly never hated a wrestler as much as I hate him. Or shall I say character as I have nothing against the actual dude...

BUT WHAT IF BRAUN WINS?! :D

I could see some Battleground Seth/Brock ending shit with Taker coming out and causing some sort of havoc however I think you'd need Braun to get his hands on Taker so I'm not sure that would work.

Have to say I commend WWE for already coming up with a potentially worse booked PPV so soon after the Royal Rumble match. Braun's undefeated streak could be over and Goldberg could beat Owens to win the Universal Championship all on the same night.

Oh just wait till Mania when Brock becomes Champ and Reigns beats Taker.

Archived