What happens if the planned winner ever falls out?

Cannonfury

If the ref would be told who the winner is. How are the wrestlers getting told when it's time to get eliminated?

Most of it is planned surely but if anything changes mid match, the ref will tell the wrestler/s. Happened once I recall with Swagger vs Masters. Masters was winning, then mid match they changed it into a Swagger win, then Masters was fired

Also that time they changed Orton vs Bryan into a win for Orton due to Bryan being unable to continue for medical reasons, that came from H to the ref's mic

he talking about the rumble

my guess is spots are planned like kalisto but lower card guys i guess are told get eliminated by so and so doesn't matter when just do it main eventers are told wait until this guy goes then ur next

I'm not sure if he was supposed to win, however, It was said in an interview with Steve Austin that The Ringmaster (later to be known as Stone Cold) was supposed to be in the final 4 in 1996. He got eliminated by Fatu (Rikishi) like 10 minutes in. He had to to signal HBK to let him know. I am sure they just go with what they have and work it into a story.

Alex Riley was eliminated by accident when Miz was WWE champ. They just had Riley do the planned spot later on whilst not a member of the match any more, so he was hiding I guess. Kofi and Cena accidentally eliminated him.

I'm not sure if he was supposed to win, however, It was said in an interview with Steve Austin that The Ringmaster (later to be known as Stone Cold) was supposed to be in the final 4 in 1996. He got eliminated by Fatu (Rikishi) like 10 minutes in. He had to to signal HBK to let him know. I am sure they just go with what they have and work it into a story.

Fatu tossed him over the top but he was supposed to hold on. The rope had sweat on it and it caused him to lose his grip and get eliminated.

jeff hardy was meant to win MITB in 2008 but got busted and lost his spot and the IC title in the same night. A fan asked this question to Austin on his podcast and he said they have a backup winner which would be fed to the senior referee and he would get the message to the guys

Archived