What happens if the planned winner ever falls out?

Cannonfury

I've wondered that too

Like, what if the person who's supposed to win comes out at 24 or something and they accidentally slip up and get eliminated before thirty comes out leaving, like, 5 guys left in the ring? How would the winner be decided then?

Vince would likely call an audible, tell the ref in his earpiece so the ref can let the new winner know. Then do what Crazy suggested and come up with a storyline about defending the right to main event Mania/whatever the prize is to the actual planned winner.

I've wondered that too

Like, what if the person who's supposed to win comes out at 24 or something and they accidentally slip up and get eliminated before thirty comes out leaving, like, 5 guys left in the ring? How would the winner be decided then?

Think it would be the most relevant/biggest name left in the match. Surely they plan a "back-up winner" in case some stuff like that happens.

I've wondered that too

The referee's have earpieces. They'd be told the new winner.

Yeah i imagine theyd pick a winner on the fly. Now yeah if there was like four guys left and the winner just fell out, i imagine that would suck. Imagine if Reigns fell out and we had a pick between Kane, Big Show & Rusev lmao

No problem. Rusev. Way better than shitty Reigns anyways.

Kaitlyn won a battle royal once by accident.

They'd probably just run an angle where the Rumble winner puts his shot up at Fast Lane and loses and maybe give a triple threat spot as consolation.

Happened in 2000 actually, Big Show was supposed to win I think, but Rock somehow ended up hitting the floor after he did. They tried the whole "dual winner" thing, but unfortunately video clearly showed Big Show on the floor first.

I agree that now the likely way around it would be to rectify it afterwards at either television or the February PPV. Obviously the lingering issue there is the planned winner loses the cache of having "Won the Rumble".

I'd more question what would happen if after winning the rumble the winner got caught out by the wellness policy or they got fired for something would it go unreported to after wrestlemania season to get the pay off or would they have to drop the match and make new plans on the fly

That's easy enough, they've booked a Rumble winner to lose his slot at Mania before. Think it was Rey Mysterio actually.

I'd more question what would happen if after winning the rumble the winner got caught out by the wellness policy or they got fired for something would it go unreported to after wrestlemania season to get the pay off or would they have to drop the match and make new plans on the fly

That's easy enough, they've booked a Rumble winner to lose his slot at Mania before. Think it was Rey Mysterio actually.

Was that not wrestlemania 22 but he still was in the main event of WM and it turned into a triple threat and won the match

Was that not wrestlemania 22 but he still was in the main event of WM and it turned into a triple threat and won the match

He was, but the point is for a while he had blown his chance. The situation could have remained that way - To be honest if you want to see panic booking in operation for Wrestlemania, you've only got to look at last year.

Happened in 2000 actually, Big Show was supposed to win I think, but Rock somehow ended up hitting the floor after he did. They tried the whole "dual winner" thing, but unfortunately video clearly showed Big Show on the floor first.

I agree that now the likely way around it would be to rectify it afterwards at either television or the February PPV. Obviously the lingering issue there is the planned winner loses the cache of having "Won the Rumble".

Its backwards, Rock was suppose to win and slightly botched and he hit before Bigshow.

Swagger, he didn't win the Rumble but he was in a WHC match after a Chamber win, he was suspended after Mania

If the ref would be told who the winner is. How are the wrestlers getting told when it's time to get eliminated?

Most of it is planned surely but if anything changes mid match, the ref will tell the wrestler/s. Happened once I recall with Swagger vs Masters. Masters was winning, then mid match they changed it into a Swagger win, then Masters was fired

Also that time they changed Orton vs Bryan into a win for Orton due to Bryan being unable to continue for medical reasons, that came from H to the ref's mic

Archived