40 man or 30 man Rumble?

Muur

40/30  

56 members have voted

1. 1. 30/40 man Rumble

40 all the way. I don't care if "jobbers" get entered into the match, that's all part of the fun. The best part about the Royal Rumble is seeing guys face off who you wouldn't usually see face off. For example, Goldberg giving Nunzio an epic Spear in the 2004 Royal Rumble.

And with the roster as stacked as it is now, those extra spaces are needed. I remember in my Universe mode on WWE 2K17 I set it up with the rosters identical to real life RAW and Smackdown. When it came to Royal Rumble I had to pick 30 participants for the match and I was torn because I had to leave out some big names due to there simply not being enough spaces. And that was without having 2 or 3 spaces taken up as surprise entrants.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how surprise entrants make it a spotfest.

Because they aren't used to forward any stories or aren't booked to win. Most of the time anyway, I'm sure someone will give me a couple of contradicting examples. 99% of the time they're used to get a reaction from crowd, do what they're known for in the ring and then are eliminated.

That's exactly a "spot" when it comes to the Royal Rumble. It's not hard to understand.

The lower card guys and jobbers get some fun spots and its cool to see. As others stated with Chavo and Ryder before, I remember one year JTG came in (2010?) and was hitting everyone with Da ShoutOut/Slingblade and kicking ass. Refreshing and fun to see for however short it was. 40 Man Rumble would be better now than 30.

Wasn't Chavo ECW champion when he got those fun spots? I wouldn't call him a jobber.

Nah, this was years later. Around that time, Chavo was just playing Jack Swagger's Swagger Soaring Eagle.

I'd prefer to stick with 30. With 40 there will be demand for more everything, including surprises. I don't want more surprises. I like how it feels now. It's the fact some random blast from the past has shown up for more more shot at a WrestleMania main event. It feels special. Same with debuts like AJ. It was the only thing people were talking about because it was his moment. A moment we never thought we would see. We don't need more positions for a bunch of "his moments." That's what makes them currently special. If anything, the fact that the roster is more stacked makes getting a spot in the Rumble match a lot more lucrative. I could be wrong, maybe WWE could make it work with 40, but those small moments are what make the Rumble so special. Having 40 men could have a Walking Dead season 7 opener affect where one persons moment will completely overshadow another.

40 was perfect. I don't know why they went back to 30

They only did it once and it was a trainwreck

Just because it was bad once doesn't mean they can't improve. Like that backwards logic right there. You really think they can't pull out a wicked 40-man Rumble with all the talent from RAW, SD, NXT and surprises?

It's easily doable, they just haven't done it.

This. People thought 2012 was a jobber fest? 2011 was even worse.

Because heaven forbid for ONE NIGHT of the year people like Slater and Axel get main event treatment. Oh no how terrible those talents get that opportunity one night.

What main event treatment? They're geeks. Cannon fodder to be fed to the big star/badass to come in and throw them out. That's all they are.

Kudos to Slater for getting over as big as he did, but now he's back to being cannon fodder again until they find something for him.

What main event treatment? They're geeks. Cannon fodder to be fed to the big star/badass to come in and throw them out. That's all they are.

Kudos to Slater for getting over as big as he did, but now he's back to being cannon fodder again until they find something for him.

Being a jobber is an instrumental part of wrestling. Nothing wrong with it.

It's a PPV main event isn't it? Even if they only last 30 seconds, for one night of the year they are main event stars.

This. People thought 2012 was a jobber fest? 2011 was even worse.

Because heaven forbid for ONE NIGHT of the year people like Slater and Axel get main event treatment. Oh no how terrible those talents get that opportunity one night.

There can be some jobbers, but there needs to be a limit on the fodder. I wouldnt put jobbers in just for the sake of it either. It's one of the biggest matches of the year and should feel as such, not a charity.

Archived