Persona

Muur

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beat 3 about 2 years ago. Still working on 2 IS, 4, and Q. I main Yu in Ultimax. Hopefully, I can get 5 at release.

And while not Persona, I'm also on my second play through of Nocturne featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles and I'm at the end of Devil Survivor 2.

*censored Polaris

Beat 3 about 2 years ago. Still working on 2 IS, 4, and Q. I main Yu in Ultimax. Hopefully, I can get 5 at release.

And while not Persona, I'm also on my second play through of Nocturne featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles and I'm at the end of Devil Survivor 2.

*censored Polaris

I main Yukiko on Arena/Ulti (also my Persona waifu, though she's pretty OP and has one of the easiest finishers to hit), if you're on Xbox I'd be up for kicking your ass lol

You got 4 or 4 Golden? Golden is stated as "best JRPG in history" by a lot and whilst I wouldn't go that very, it's very very good. I'm hyped as hell for 5.

Vanilla. Had it on PS2 and got 2/3 of the way through. Watched the rest on youtube because I was away from my PS2 for awhile and got impatient. Now I have it on PS3. I like P4's story, but I will agree that for an SMT game, it's way too light. I get what they were trying to do with last part of the game, but not letting anyone die kinda ruined it.

I'm on PS3. I also haven't played in ages. Too many other fighters, plus my laser died...again.

Nah I'm reet with that, they went overkill with deaths in 3, so it's a nice balance

Also... they're trying to solve a serial murder case, there's like 5 deaths, just not anyone important really. I was happy with Mr Mooraka going though!

and I don't really count them as SMT games any more, they branched off on their own and are arguably more popular than SMT now, they've gone the route of dropping SMT completely, so for me they're their own thing.

• 2 months later...

I'm onto 11 hours in two days, as expected it's great so far. I'm surprised they've switched to fighting against Persona monsters as it was fighting with them before. Of course you can recruit them to your Persona collection but still, I didn't expect that.

I was sent two copies, lol

It's good while I'm in a palace and fighting and I love the art style but the dialogue sometimes drags on too long and get's on my nerves. It gives you the information and story to a satisfactory level but then sometimes goes over the same shit again. It just feels like it's dragging along sometimes.

It's good while I'm in a palace and fighting and I love the art style but the dialogue sometimes drags on too long and get's on my nerves. It gives you the information and story to a satisfactory level but then sometimes goes over the same shit again. It just feels like it's dragging along sometimes.

I feel like you've never played a JRPG before

This game is goddamn amazing. I love the sheer amount of improvements to various systems.

also,

Game did a great job of making me absolutely *censored*ing despise Kamoshida.

This game is goddamn amazing. I love the sheer amount of improvements to various systems.

also,

Game did a great job of making me absolutely *censored*ing despise Kamoshida.

yeah I hate that *Censored*, shame I couldn't kill him

Embittered Blacksmith is some serious bullshit. That *censored*ing sledgehammer attack has enough damage to whipe out the protagonist in one hit if you're not at full health, and he spams the hell out of it.

Embittered Blacksmith is some serious bullshit. That *censored*ing sledgehammer attack has enough damage to whipe out the protagonist in one hit if you're not at full health, and he spams the hell out of it.

Did that earlier today. He did a shit tonne of damage to Ryuji, so I used Ann to put him to sleep them killed him.

Did that earlier today. He did a shit tonne of damage to Ryuji, so I used Ann to put him to sleep them killed him.

Didn't have Ann in the party at the time unfortunately, made the fight one hell of a nightmare.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't an instant game over when the PC is KOd, even if you have the means to wake him back up. I really *censored*ing hate it when JRPGs do that.

Didn't have Ann in the party at the time unfortunately, made the fight one hell of a nightmare.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't an instant game over when the PC is KOd, even if you have the means to wake him back up. I really *censored*ing hate it when JRPGs do that.

So Yuksue replaced Ann? He replaced Morgana for me

And yes that's the thing I hate most about JRPG

I was tired when I played, so either I switched out, or Ann was unconscious at the time of the battle, sorry my memory is hazy.

Seems equipment makes an even bigger deal here than in previous games though. Still, the amount of RNG one hit kills you can run in to is a bit ridiculous with an instant death game over if the PC gets KOd.

Also, wee bit of criticism about the game here, but the mini-maps do a *censored*ing horrible job of helping you find certain things.

I was tired when I played, so either I switched out, or Ann was unconscious at the time of the battle, sorry my memory is hazy.

Seems equipment makes an even bigger deal here than in previous games though. Still, the amount of RNG one hit kills you can run in to is a bit ridiculous with an instant death game over if the PC gets KOd.

Also, wee bit of criticism about the game here, but the mini-maps do a *censored*ing horrible job of helping you find certain things.

Characters can't be switched out, so she was probably dead. Also this game is a bit nicer, whilst death to random guys is a game over, deaths to bosses just let you redo it. Eg, that first momento, he buffed his attack then his Rampage attack wiped out my entire party.

Also in the second dungeon in that small part where you fight on your own, the monster hit my weakness then just did it two more times to kill me lmfao. I say lmfao but I hadn't been in a safe room in ages...

Characters can't be switched out, so she was probably dead. Also this game is a bit nicer, whilst death to random guys is a game over, deaths to bosses just let you redo it. Eg, that first momento, he buffed his attack then his Rampage attack wiped out my entire party.

Also in the second dungeon in that small part where you fight on your own, the monster hit my weakness then just did it two more times to kill me lmfao. I say lmfao but I hadn't been in a safe room in ages...

Not sure how far you are but you can switch people out at the entrance to palaces and Memento, but yeah she was probably dead as a doorknob.

This game definitely instills that "SAVE EVERY TIME YOU CAN" mentality in you.

Not sure how far you are but you can switch people out at the entrance to palaces and Memento, but yeah she was probably dead as a doorknob.

Yeah, I switched in Yusuke when Ann ran out of SP

Welcome to Shin Megami Tensei.

Finally got the game Saturday

for free might I add

thanks gamely. Ya looks[/spoiler

Absolutely love it. I love how long Persona games are. I'm 40+ house in and not even halfway done. And that's without idling. P3FES took me 180 and even with idling, it was still well over 100 hours.

This easily replaces Tales of Berseria as my game of the year.

Welcome to Shin Megami Tensei.

Finally got the game Saturday

for free might I add

thanks gamely. Ya looks[/spoiler

Absolutely love it. I love how long Persona games are. I'm 40+ house in and not even halfway done. And that's without idling. P3FES took me 180 and even with idling, it was still well over 100 hours.

This easily replaces Tales of Berseria as my game of the year.

I've played Persona 3 and 4, i'm not new. I'm just saying it seems to instill it even more than previously.

I actually find it a little more lenient compared to other games in the franchise. This one at least gives you the option to retry or start back at the last safe room for bosses. Also ambushing enemies is a major mechanic, so you're intentionally getting yourself caught, you shouldn't be getting screwed over too much. With other games, there's a very good chance you'll lose 5+ hours of progress due to outta nowhere Mudoon or Mahoan.

I actually find it a little more lenient compared to other games in the franchise. This one at least gives you the option to retry or start back at the last safe room for bosses. Also ambushing enemies is a major mechanic, so you're intentionally getting yourself caught, you shouldn't be getting screwed over too much. With other games, there's a very good chance you'll lose 5+ hours of progress due to outta nowhere Mudoon or Mahoan.

I suppose, but I also find that the difficulty for bosses seems a bit more irratic.

Madarame was *censored*ing infuriating, but the boss after whose name escapes me, the mafia shithead, was easy as pie for instance.

----

The more and more I see of Sae, the more and more I dislike her.

Archived