Resident Evil (Series)

Ernez

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that they replaced the rocket as the primary weapon because it wasn't very realistic for him to just have a ton of rockets to keep shooting. At least the flamethrower would feasibly keep working as long as he has fuel. And I'm gonna guess that with the chopper scene, he probably picks up a rocket launcher from nearby or something.

• 1 month later...

I saw someone on Gamefaqs mention this game appears to be getting a demo, which makes me very happy if true. Typically I think we don't get demos anymore unless the developers are extremely confident in their product; and considering Resident Evil 2 Remake was my game of the year for 2019, I have full confidence in R3make.

• 2 weeks later...

Reluctantly played the demo. Won't be playing it again, XD. It looks amazing though and plays well (can't quite get that timing down for the dodge) but there's such a huge difference between playing something with that kind of atmosphere -with headphones, alone, or so you think, afraid that sny moment your girl will come home and scare the Corona out of you- and watching a playthrough, same sitch minus the actual hands-on. I would rather do the latter.

Resident Evil along with many other survival horror games was always something I was dragged into, never did it willingly. 4 was the first I had played on my own time, then 5, then the 6 demo. Haven't touched RE since and prolly won't ever again but at least I can say I tried this one having skipped 2

• 2 weeks later...

I watched some gameplay of 3 remake on youtube...and..

I don't remember how the original game opened...but, I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything like the remake. Like...all that stuff with Jill in her apartment...or fighting Nemesis in the burning building. I don't remember any of that shit. And I don't really like it either. Some of it was pretty goofy. Lol

I think the biggest complaint I have about what they added to the opening, is...

She literally just escapes Nemesis in the building, and she runs into Brad. And it's like nothing happened. They just have a casual conversation right there in the street. Lmao.

Also, I think the original kinda set it up to seem like Jill was already in the middle of the shit. Whereas, the remake makes it seem too much like she was minding her own business. 

Anyway...I don't plan on playing this...but, I'm gonna try to find a "no commentary" gameplay streamer on youtube. It's definitely a great looking game, and I always loved the atmosphere of the original. So...I'm definitely interested in just watching what they added/removed/changed...as well as the fresh new graphics in general.

Nemesis is no joke on the higher difficulties. *censored*er came sprinting round a corner at me on hardcore, scaring the piss out of me and killing me in two hits.

3 hours ago, BrandonX said:

Nemesis is no joke on the higher difficulties. *censored*er came sprinting round a corner at me on hardcore, scaring the piss out of me and killing me in two hits.

Wait till you get to the Final Boss on Nightmare and Inferno. Even with the infinite rocket launcher if you don't dodge it's an instant death.

Archived