Resident Evil (Series)

Ernez

I may actually play this. I didnt play 7, I guess mainly it was first person and first person horror games just freak me out(still play The Forest, just gives me anxiety when being chased) but with RE 2 being 3rd Person I may can handle it. I'll GF it first for my best friend.

I never played the original, but heard about The Gun Store from Achievement Hunter, they were also saddened it wasn't in the game. But anyways I'll try this out soon

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ I'm having anxiety attacks just WATCHING people play RE2 pretty much entirely because of Mr X. I hated him in the original and this version is genuinely terrifying to me.

How the crap am I gonna be able to handle playing it??

That f'n b*st*rd, whenever I play and am solving puzzles he always shows up anytime anywhere. It's fun and exciting at first but gets annoying in the later parts. Considering bullets in the game are limited and so does the secondary weapons.

But I really love this game, same as the original. I can't stop playing. It's fun killing zombies specially when you shoot different parts of their body. I hope RE3 gets the same treatment if they ever remake that game.

So, apparently Mr. X really does walk around the entire map at any given time. Shown here in this boundary break video:

So...you know...just if you wanted a little bit more anxiety than you already had about that guy...he literally could be behind any door at any time. He doesn't just spawn into the game randomly...he's really there.

I kinda don't like that Mr. X is sort of ever-present. I get that the intent is to crank up your anxiety and add a sense of realism to the enemy, but for me, the scare/intimidation effect faded pretty quickly, and now I just view him as a nuisance.

When it comes to 'invincible enemy that you have to avoid/run from' encounters, I prefer them to be few and far between, especially when they're not particularly challenging.

It doesn't really hurt my overall experience, though. I think this game is pretty great.

The only bad design, in my opinion, is the Lickers. The new stealth mechanic almost completely trivializes them.

• 7 months later...

Apparently a company called NeoBards Entertainment is developing this game and using the RE Engine. I'm not too interested in this Friday The 13th looking game now. I still haven't bought the RE2 remake so I'll just grab that and it should hold me over til they finally give us either RE8 or the remake of RE3. I'm just glad THIS shit isn't Resident Evil 8.

Graphics are great

Compared to what?

They look pretty average to me.

Ok. They really are pretty good. Not mind blowing by any means. But does it really matter? Do we really need to argue over something so miniscule? The gameplay looks sub-par and it's not a title most are going to spend money on when it could've been another outbreak title or a separate mode to a main game. That I'm pretty sure we can agree on. Graphics while clearly the strongest thing about this title is by far the least important thing. Especially to argue about.

I just don't want to get into it over graphics. It has the RE engine. It looks good imo. I don't know what to compare it to. I guess RE2. Doesn't matter really. The game is going to be shit either way. It's kind of their way though. They cant keep momentum for shit. Release a great game and throw something retarded together to tie us over until the next big game.

I like that they are taking risks. RE2 is not even a year old and Resistance will prolly be here before that mark. It's not a game for all the RE fans and I'm sure they're aware. As long as they price it decently it shouldn't be an issue and I personally don't see it as a knock to their momentum. Just looks like extra content from here, a side project, and an experiment in its own right. 100% skipable content that will have a dedicated fanbase for it.

I'd never play it, many people won't touch it past the beta, but alot of people will take to it. If it plays the way it sounds (hopefully it moves a little better than it looks now) then it should be a decent experience for that audience of gamers. Just not sure about the longevity of it. A game like that you have to keep updated, but I'm sure they'd wanna save monster redesigns and whatnot for their later games like Nemesis and 8 down the line, so what could they really add to this one before then?

• 2 months later...

Archived