Resident Evil (Series)

Ernez

Is Resident Evil 7 any good?

Ive seen it on sale for half price and wondered if its worth picking up.

I thoroughly enjoyed the original Trilogy on the PSX and Code Veronica on the PS2.

Wasent a huge fan of the 4th game alough was ok and 5 was a tad annoying with that girl getting in the way but I did enjoy what I played.

6 I just couldnt get into found it a bit too dark the lighting on the game. Ive not tried revelations at all so wondered how 7 is.

Ive heard its first person and I have always hated those type of games, I prefer the how the original games were that were action and you can see what your character does so thought id ask.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steam has a Capcom sale right now. Lots of RE games to choose, I know I'll be getting RE4 for $5.

This what im undecided on what to get.

R7 is 23.99

R4/5/6 Bundle is 10.51

Alough they have a bundle on 4/5/6 & Revelations for 33 quid but dont think thats really worth it.

Im sure ive seen cheaper offers on ebay.

Steam has a Capcom sale right now. Lots of RE games to choose, I know I'll be getting RE4 for $5.

This what im undecided on what to get.

R7 is 23.99

R4/5/6 Bundle is 10.51

Alough they have a bundle on 4/5/6 & Revelations for 33 quid but dont think thats really worth it.

Im sure ive seen cheaper offers on ebay.

That bundle for 4/5/6 looks pretty good. Ended up getting 4. Also got DR4 but my computer can't run it so I will have to ask for a refund.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hahaha, my post from last year is still on this page. Obviously I've been following the RE2 remake since it was announced in 2015. After seeing nothing for 3 years, I said "If they don't show anything at E3, this game is dead to me." I'm thrilled about these new trailers.

This strikes me as the type of thing that just makes me say "why?"...

They could have made a new RE game in this classic style without it just being a remake. They could have brought life back to the classic franchise with something new. I feel the same about this as I do about the FFVII remake (it's kind of ridiculous). I'm sure it will be good, and we all love Raccoon City. But, they could have told a new story here. Could have gone back to the basics and made a classic-style RE that isn't just a remake.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived