Resident Evil (Series)

Ernez

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 is really good. I think you need to play it before coming to a judgement. 7 has nailed that 'Resident Evil' gameplay that's been missing for so long.

Good to know, I didn't get a chance to play RE7 this weekend... on a side note, at least all of the painting in our living room and kitchen has been finished. So there's that.

I watched a review and while I normally don't take reviews too seriously, gamingbolt on youtube gave it a 9 out of 10. It's the only one I've watched. I'm trying not to see too much. I think the combat is pretty prominent the further you go.

All I know for sure is, I can't wait to play this tomorrow.

Well, I'm pretty disappointed so far. The game is very easy. Puzzles and progression are much more linear and straight-forward (in comparison to past RE games), and overcoming/avoiding enemies requires little strategy or thought. There's almost no sense of dread, and the game really stocks you up on supplies. It's basically 'RE for dummies'.

Unfortunately, it's exactly what I expected it to be: mediocre, at best.

I'm only a couple hours in but so far it's pretty fun. It's definitely different but still has a lot of the old Resident Evil feel. Also amazing news. You can find gunpowder and chemical fluid and make ammo. Even enhanced ammo. Love RE 3 for that reason alone, so to have at least a taste of that feature in the game is pretty cool. Also the Bakers seem like interesting bad guys. Even though it reminds me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre a bit.

I'm only a couple hours in but so far it's pretty fun. It's definitely different but still has a lot of the old Resident Evil feel. Also amazing news. You can find gunpowder and chemical fluid and make ammo. Even enhanced ammo. Love RE 3 for that reason alone, so to have at least a taste of that feature in the game is pretty cool. Also the Bakers seem like interesting bad guys. Even though it reminds me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre a bit.

Great to know... thanks for sharing!

(Setting a reminder on my phone now, so I'll FINALLY remember to install RE7 on my PS4.) lol

Well, I'm pretty disappointed so far. The game is very easy. Puzzles and progression are much more linear and straight-forward (in comparison to past RE games), and overcoming/avoiding enemies requires little strategy or thought. There's almost no sense of dread, and the game really stocks you up on supplies. It's basically 'RE for dummies'.

Unfortunately, it's exactly what I expected it to be: mediocre, at best.

I kinda got that feeling when I saw the camera angle for the game. First person view kinda limits the overall action of a game and simplifies it some. Basically just cuts off half of the overall world in-game.

This is clearly a Resident Evil game. The game captures the feel of the original with concepts such as ammo conservation, manual saving, item box, and item management; and with how the objectives are designed. You'll be required to find various keys and to revisit certain locations in order to unlock different doors.

However, it is not a total return to its roots. It brings forth a lot of new concepts, and that's not a bad thing at all. Resident Evil has been known to evolve with time with new ideas.

I'm pretty sure that games like Outlast and Alien have had a huge influence on the direction of RE7. The whole hide and seek element of the game is something we haven't seen in any RE game before, but it works.

The puzzles are basically non-existent, and they require little thinking, which sucks.

I wish that the game was more challenging. Some boss fights have felt awkward or easy so far. Maybe there should have been a harder difficulty to select when you're starting the game.

This is clearly a Resident Evil game. The game captures the feel of the original with concepts such as ammo conservation, manual saving, item box, and item management; and with how the objectives are designed. You'll be required to find various keys and to revisit certain locations in order to unlock different doors.

However, it is not a total return to its roots. It brings forth a lot of new concepts, and that's not a bad thing at all. Resident Evil has been known to evolve with time with new ideas.

I'm pretty sure that games like Outlast and Alien have had a huge influence on the direction of RE7. The whole hide and seek element of the game is something we haven't seen in any RE game before, but it works.

The puzzles are basically non-existent, and they require little thinking, which sucks.

I wish that the game was more challenging. Some boss fights have felt awkward or easy so far. Maybe there should have been a harder difficulty to select when you're starting the game.

Pretty sure you unlock a madhouse difficulty when you beat it. Some of the fights haven't been too easy though.

With the success of RE7, we might be looking at the resurgence of survival horror, a genre that has been in obscurity for more than a decade, and I couldn't be happier.

Might as well add me to that list, I love me some survival horror.

With the success of RE7, we might be looking at the resurgence of survival horror, a genre that has been in obscurity for more than a decade, and I couldn't be happier.

Personally I think that started with Alien Isolation tbh.

NEVER HAD PLAY A GAME MORE NERVE WRECKING HEART ATTACK INDUCING ADRENALIN PUMPING THEN THIS ON VR

EVERY NEW RE GAME HAS TO BE MADE JUST FOR VR IT SO MUCH BETTER THEN THE XBOX OR PS4 JUST FOR THE IMMERSION

Turn. Capslock. Off.

I loved Alien: Isolation, but I'm assuming RE7 reached out to more gamers because of its popularity and fan base.

In any case, I hope we see a sequel to Alien at some point.

I loved Alien: Isolation, but I'm assuming RE7 reached out to more gamers because of its popularity and fan base.

Alien Isolation + Playstation VR would be an amazing experience.

I just mean that I think the recent resurgence of good ol' survival horror started with Isolation is all. The genre was practically dead until it came out and after that, we've seen it start to finally build again.

Alien Isolation + Playstation VR would be an amazing experience.

agreed, 100 percent.

Archived