Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIL that Stone Cold Steve Austin came up with Flair's retirement-storyline (Flair being forced into retirement in his next loss which would also be the start of a winning streak, culminating with a climax at Wrestlemania) and that he pitched the storyline to Vince & Stephanie way back in 2007.

Part of the pitch was a possible world title-reign for Flair, subject to positive reactions to the storyline. Vince and Stephanie loved it, writer Brian Gerwitz opposed it, as it would mean the old Flair would be made to look way too strong over main event-talent.

TIL that Stone Cold Steve Austin came up with Flair's retirement-storyline (Flair being forced into retirement in his next loss which would also be the start of a winning streak, culminating with a climax at Wrestlemania) and that he pitched the storyline to Vince & Stephanie way back in 2007.

Part of the pitch was a possible world title-reign for Flair, subject to positive reactions to the storyline. Vince and Stephanie loved it, writer Brian Gerwitz opposed it, as it would mean the old Flair would be made to look way too strong over main event-talent.

I agree with both, but in the end it worked out well and was one of the best road to wrestlemania storylines ever.

Guest Fight Me.

TIL during the Jericho/HBK 2008 feud, Jericho pitched to bring in Rob Terry as his bodyguard. They went with Lance Cade instead due to his connection to Shawn.

Guest Fight Me.

TIL Shawn Michaels went bald for a movie role (not the Marine 6 lol) where he had to play an older version of himself later in the film.

TIL Eric Bischoff was called to be apart of WWF a year earlier than he did, he wasn't told for what but he declined due to the short notice and cause it was Fourth of July weekend. It turned out to be for the Invasion of course, which if he had known that, he would've said yes.

True...but, I would rather not mention it; as it feels like it takes away merit from someone like, say...Rhea Ripley or Toni Storm, if they ever win the main WWE title. And yeah, I know Storm is NZ born. But, again...it feels off to call Nia the first Austalian born women's champion. I don't think birth has much to do with who someone is or where they're from. It's really about where they were raised, and where they actually represent. Like I said...it's a nice trivia question. I just don't want WWE to actually make note of it. Save that for someone who actually represents that nation.

So Nia being literally Australian-born isn't on but it's fine to label Toni Storm as that even though she's from a literally different country. I get what you mean, but y'know, doesn't change the fact. And also WWE obviously aren't gonna mention it which is why they haven't. No one's saying she's the first Australian Women's Champion, but she is the first Australian-born which is a different thing. And Toni Storm will never be either lol

EDIT: Didn't realise how old this post was :lol:

TIL Shawn Michaels went bald for a movie role (not the Marine 6 lol) where he had to play an older version of himself later in the film.

TIL Eric Bischoff was called to be apart of WWF a year earlier than he did, he wasn't told for what but he declined due to the short notice and cause it was Fourth of July weekend. It turned out to be for the Invasion of course, which if he had known that, he would've said yes.

Also on that note, I believe Shawn himself was invited to TV for the "takeover" of WCW episode. I think that's where he declined because he was on his path to rediscovering his faith.

Guest Fight Me.

Ya that was like their first episode on Total Divas lmao

Renee says she hated that time since they couldn't really be themselves since Dean felt like he had to protect his character. That's probably why they only did one season.

Guest Shades of Cool

Today I learned that Baron Corbin look up to Big Boss Man, and Bam Bam Bigelow when he was growing up. He also plays the 2k games. He seems like a pretty cool dude outside the ring.

That's cool and yeah, he seems like a chill dude.

Today I learned that Baron Corbin look up to Big Boss Man, and Bam Bam Bigelow when he was growing up. He also plays the 2k games. He seems like a pretty cool dude outside the ring.

That's cool and yeah, he seems like a chill dude.

Yeah. I was watching an interview with him at the Performance Center discussing 2k19, and he said that he doesn't play as himself because some people might think that's weird. He said he enjoys the games though.

Archived