Today I Learned...

ZEF

TIL, Mustafa Ali is only in WWE because he replaced another guy in the CWC (some Brazilian wrestler named Zumbi)...because he had a visa issue. Which is crazy...because I love Mustafa Ali, and it's strange to think of him never being in the CWC, or the WWE in general.

I watched Zumbi in a CMLL tournament once. He has a hip-hop gimmick coupled with capoeira.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIL that WWE's video archive allegedly has something like a "do not view, reproduce or destroy" vault containing things like accidents and questionable content (I'd assume the Raw episode tribute to Benoit is in there)

I don't know why they simply don't destroy it as no-one would ever want to see it. I suppose there could be legal reasons. If indeed it does exist.

I thought the only two things labeled as that were Tom Magee vs Bret Hart and Owen's fall.

I think they shouldn't destroy them, it's part of history, they shouldn't destroy any of their tapes. Destroying tapes/taping over made us lose a lot of wrestling history and a company the size of the WWE in this era has no reason to do the same.

Why is Magee vs. Bret labelled as unwatchable?

Because Vince had Magee pegged for a big push after seeing a match where Bret made him look like a million bucks. Turns out he was more like 5 dollars.

TIL, Mustafa Ali is only in WWE because he replaced another guy in the CWC (some Brazilian wrestler named Zumbi)...because he had a visa issue. Which is crazy...because I love Mustafa Ali, and it's strange to think of him never being in the CWC, or the WWE in general.

I watched Zumbi in a CMLL tournament once. He has a hip-hop gimmick coupled with capoeira.

That sounds pretty lit tbh. Please tell me he actually looks like a zombie too.

Eddy Gordo.

TIL Antonio Inoki's first name is not actually Antonio. Antonio is a ring name. His real name is Muhammad Hussain Inoki, a name he took after converting to Islam in 1990.

Really? I thought his real name was Cassius Clay Inoki?

Eddy Gordo.

Lol sorry, I was thinking about Hip Hop Man, another luchador, this one from Argentina, who was in the same tournament with Zumbi. Zumbi actually wears a green mask and tights with bell bottoms.

Yeah crazy, cuz Mustafa's so good. I think Jack Gallagher was an alternate for Will Osprey (or maybe someone else?), and I really can't imagine the tournament without Jackie Boy.

Yeah crazy, cuz Mustafa's so good. I think Jack Gallagher was an alternate for Will Osprey (or maybe someone else?), and I really can't imagine the tournament without Jackie Boy.

I don't think Ospreay was ever going to be in the tourney.

TIL Bret Hart is so good that he made an utter shit wrestler look so good, until they found out just how bad said wrestler was when against lesser talents than BRet

Tom Magee?

Yep. Magee had to be pretty bad if Vince erased him from memory forever.

TIL Bret Hart is so good that he made an utter shit wrestler look so good, until they found out just how bad said wrestler was when against lesser talents than BRet

Tom Magee?

This story is legendary. Magee was supposed to be the next Hulk Hogan, and ironically it was Bret that made him look great in the ring, but that was about the end of Magees run.

Tom Magee?

I read that match was possibly going to make it on the new Unseen Matches DVD that's coming out soon, but it was not included.

Archived