Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

TIL Dakota Kai probably stopped using the Rings of Saturn as her finisher and went back to the GTK cause Naomi fans think she invented the move. Don't even remember the last time Naomi did the FTG lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

TIL PWG has been on hiatus for so long...that The Rascalz (MSK) are still their tag team champs for over 1000 days now. Also Bandido from ROH has been champion there for 500+ days now as well lol

Reminds me of the Bollywood Boyz being the last GFW tag champs before they did the Cruiserweight Classic and then Jarrett rebranded Impact as GFW that one year but didn't have tag champs lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

fiJftQ4.jpgTIL...Kurt Angle wasn't even in this legendary match!!! He got replaced. No wonder Steiner lost...his math was all wrong lol

Maybe a little different but, today I learned I Hate Vince McMahon. I finally will say that. You know why? Here’s why. As a fan, I love Brock. However, I want to smack Vince every time I think about how he really ended Taker’s streak. It just wasn’t necessary. Taker had put Brock over so many times and yeah if someone had to do it, Brock could easily take the heat for it and be fine. In reality though, it was a stupid ass decision. The Streak just should’ve never ended unless it was Vince himself that ended it. That was the only person really that I would’ve accepted. He books himself in a match with Taker and somehow is the one. Storyline and outside storyline wise it’s Vince’s character and true nature. So if it wasn’t him I didn’t give a damn. Just a dumb decision to end the streak. That single handedly ruined the last feel good moment we expected every year. It was our pay off and savior. When certain storylines sucked we knew Mania was going to have that Taker feel good moment regardless and Vince ruined it. That’s the ONE thing scripted or not blah blah, where I simply can’t forgive. It served no purpose. Brock didn’t need or even want to do it. He would’ve still been massive as hell without that specific accolade. I’m so furious lol I just don’t know why Vince does shit for reasons I’ll never fathom. Pure *censored*ery. I just don’t get why it needed to happen as if it was the final infinity stone or something. He didn’t need it lol 

The streak needed to end though. As a promoter you don't want to have one guy be undeafeated that many matches at WM, at least now it gives fans a feint hope that another wrestler can come along and build up a streak of their own, and while realistically no one will ever come close to Takers streak, at least they can build a storyline around it if a guy gets to 10-0 or something close to that. Having Taker retire at like 32-0 or however many matches he had would have made it hard to follow up for anyone else.

I didn’t learn this today, but I’m just now noticing how involved Mike Tenay was with WCW. Had no idea he was calling PPV’s in 96 and filling in for Bischoff when he joined the nWo. 

Just always looked at him as a TNA guy because that’s how I saw him when I first started watching wrestling. 

Seeing fat Teddy Long manage people is weird too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spot fests took place in the mid-late 90’s and we’re way worse than today’s. 

absolutely no psychology, just going from move to move, bad pacing, matches with anti climactic finishes that just end with a random high impact move. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived