Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fight Me. said:

TIL Tiger Mask versus Papi Chulo (Essa Rios) happened in '99.

Papi Chulo is the only wrestler I remember from Super Astros. lol. WWE is so desperate to recapture it's Latino fanbase, I wonder why they don't have a show on one of the big latino channels these days, like Telemundo or Univision. They've definitely got the latino talent to make a damn good 30-60 minute show.

Guest Fight Me.

TIL Ric Flair liked wearing blue when he was going to get a big win and he wore red when he was gonna take the L. His retirement match being a big exception.

Guest Fight Me.

TIL the Cigar taunt Powerbomb came from Kevin Nash and not JBL. Always thought it was random when The Young Bucks and others in Bullet Club would do it but it makes more sense now. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Ted DiBiase met the kid who dribbled the basketball for him many many years later

As it turns out, Ted DiBiase did end up meeting this kid by sheer chance at a car rental place in Omaha, Nebraska!

In an interview with WrestleZone Radio, DiBiase said, “I am renting a car, and this guy taps me on the shoulder, so I turn around. I am looking at his chest. I look up at this guy who is about 6’6.? He looks at me and goes, ‘Good to see you, Mr. DiBiase. Can I help you find a car? I am the manager here.’

“I said, ‘Sure, help me find something that can fit both of us!’

“He said, ‘By the way, do you remember that kid you did that thing with the basketball?’ It was just the look on his face, and I go, ‘No way!’ He goes, ‘It’s nice to see you again!’ (Laughs) I ran into that little boy as a full-grown man.”

“It got better,” DiBiase continued. “He goes, ‘I actually went to college on a basketball scholarship!'”

“That was too much. I said, ‘See what I did for ya!’ We both laughed, and he said, ‘Well, I got drafted by the Lakers, but I didn’t make the final cut.’ He was obviously doing pretty good for himself.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

TIL X-Pac's theme starts with "Make Some Noise, X-Pac." And it *censored*s with me heavy, cause my whole life I thought it just said his name twice lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

TIL ODB was the first OVW Women's Champion (though not signed to WWE). She did the "declare myself as champion" gimmick until it became an actual title. And despite getting praise for her matches, of course Johnny Ace didn't think she fit the Divas division at the time. Triple H actually recommended her to go to TNA at the time. Oh and the first OVW Women's title was just a replica WWE Women’s title with some tape on it lol

9SJ3pTv.jpg

Guest Fight Me.
2 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

Yeah that's not really saying much when he's only defended it like four times

You're saying that like if NXT UK wasn't on hiatus for most of 2020 and if there's many believable challengers for him.

Archived