Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.
35 minutes ago, Oresama said:

TIL that there was a plan for Taylor Wilde (under a mask) to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Like the original title or more recently? I've heard of her being offered to do the Mae Young Classic more recently but chose to stay retired. Shame, she was one of my favorite Knockouts.

25 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Like the original title or more recently? I've heard of her being offered to do the Mae Young Classic more recently but chose to stay retired. Shame, she was one of my favorite Knockouts.

The original. The gimmick was that Taylor would be playing a masked Japanese character called Sendai and you weren't supposed to know that it was a woman under the mask until she was unmasked down the line. Taylor was in DSW at the time and wrestled Jamie Noble in a few dark matches under the gimmick. Taylor didn't mention him by name but Gregory Helms was the champion at the time and she said the champion was against losing the title to a woman and that's when the character got nixed. Helms lost the title the next month to Chavo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 8:30 PM, BestInTheWorld614 said:

TIL I was at the Nitro that the NWO attacked everyone with bats and Nash threw Mysterio into the trailer.

That’s crazy. You just realized that? Lol. And how old are you 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

TIL Hornswoggle was supposed to be revealed as the Anonymous Raw GM way before as a new character called "Big Nick From Jersey" and just be this scummy rich character. But apparently Hornswoggle didn't commit to the "Jersey accent." :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

TIL these two are basically the same *censored*ing title. In my defense, I've mainly seen the US title through 2K and titles always look like *censored*ing shit in the games lmao 

WfhU2Ob.jpg

So basically everyone that wanted the WWE US title to be redesigned to match the IC title really just wanted the WCW US title back lmao

Guest Fight Me.

TIL Lebron snubbed The Undertaker. I think everyone's seen the picture of Taker backstage at the game in full gimmick, but never knew he didn't meet him. Apparently he had Taker waiting for a damn hour, wtf? Man if I was Taker, I would've broken in there.

Archived