Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

TIL while looking on cagematch that Edge's actual last match before he retired was a dark match the SD after WM27. It was a 10 man tag between E&C, Rey Mysterio, Big Show & Triple H vs. Alberto Del Rio & The Corre. Always remembered it as Edge retiring the Raw After Mania, but turns out it was the week after. Crazy. I know it ruins his fairytale ending saying his last match was at Mania as the world champion, so I don't blame him for never bringing it up and for wanting to come back and maybe have a better retirement match.

I wonder if you knew this, @AlterNation? Or if it turns out that it's not true lol

8 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

TIL while looking on cagematch that Edge's actual last match before he retired was a dark match the SD after WM27. It was a 10 man tag between E&C, Rey Mysterio, Big Show & Triple H vs. Alberto Del Rio & The Corre. Always remembered it as Edge retiring the Raw After Mania, but turns out it was the week after. Crazy. I know it ruins his fairytale ending saying his last match was at Mania as the world champion, so I don't blame him for never bringing it up and for wanting to come back and maybe have a better retirement match.

I wonder if you knew this, @AlterNation? Or if it turns out that it's not true lol

I did know this! This was the same night he speared Brodus Clay and really messed his neck up. He got the tests that made him retire over the next few days.

Taker danced to Kung Fu fighting one night. Story via D-Von Dudley 

It was WrestleMania in Toronto, and me and Taker, with my ex-wife at the time, we went out to eat with him. He was with his ex-wife at the time Sara,” D-Von said. “We were at Planet Hollywood in Toronto. I’ll never forget it. We’re at Planet Hollywood, and we’re all talking. We’re just shooting the stuff. The whole nine. All of a sudden, the song ‘Kung Fu Fighting’ came on, but the beginning of the song where it starts [D-Von sings the beginning of the song]. We’re talking, and he hears that. I was in the middle of saying something, and all of sudden he just stops. I look at my ex-wife like, ‘Did I say something wrong? What the hell?’ I looked at Sara and said, ‘I might have messed up.’ All of sudden, when that part came on, ‘Everybody was kung fu fighting,’ he just stood up in front of the whole restaurant [D-Von imitates Undertaker’s dancing]. We were just like, ‘What the hell?’ He goes, ‘Yeah, I love that song.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived