Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm willing to give Ric the benefit of the doubt there and assume it was said the one time in the heat of the moment. I don't want to believe he is a racist on Hogan's level. For all we know he said it the one time and IMO that certainly isn't enough to wish death on the man. That's too extreme.

I know Ric is a rich white dude born in the 40s, but let's not jump to too many extremities here.

I give no one the benefit of the doubt when it comes to that. The only difference between him and Hogan is that there's no audio of Flair saying it when he did. And for that matter to be frank, unless you're black yourself like I am, I don't really take your opinion on the matter serious. And that's actually me being honest and not being a dick. I've seen this movie many times. "Oh, we'll just give them the benefit of the doubt, he doesn't seem that way, blah, I've seen it. It effects me differently then it effects you. I stand by it. I also CLEARLY said I don't wish it on him but I wouldn't mourn him or Hogan. Also I'm so sorry that what I said is too extreme but him saying *Censored* isn't. Get *censored*ing real.

In fact, I'm not even coming back to this matter. So if you respond and I don't respond. It's not to be rude or shoot you down. But you just wouldn't get it. That's all.

I'm willing to give Ric the benefit of the doubt there and assume it was said the one time in the heat of the moment. I don't want to believe he is a racist on Hogan's level. For all we know he said it the one time and IMO that certainly isn't enough to wish death on the man. That's too extreme.

I know Ric is a rich white dude born in the 40s, but let's not jump to too many extremities here.

It wasn't a one time thing though, add in this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UndisputedDMG/status/1160023389010112512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1160064516459237377&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231160064516459237377

And the rumour that politcked to keep Doom out of the main event, and he's not as bad as Hogan, he's worse.

I give no one the benefit of the doubt when it comes to that. The only difference between him and Hogan is that there's no audio of Flair saying it when he did. And for that matter to be frank, unless you're black yourself like I am, I don't really take your opinion on the matter serious. And that's actually me being honest and not being a dick. I've seen this movie many times. "Oh, we'll just give them the benefit of the doubt, he doesn't seem that way, blah, I've seen it. It effects me differently then it effects you. I stand by it. I also CLEARLY said I don't wish it on him but I wouldn't mourn him or Hogan. Also I'm so sorry that what I said is too extreme but him saying *Censored* isn't. Get *censored*ing real.

In fact, I'm not even coming back to this matter. So if you respond and I don't respond. It's not to be rude or shoot you down. But you just wouldn't get it. That's all.

Now I understand that I wont understand racism and discrimination on the same level as a black man or woman. I am 100% aware of that fact and am more than willing to be educated and enlightened on the matter, but please do not tell someone that their opinion is not to be taken seriously because they have not experienced it first-hand. Racism does not end if we are not open to opinions from ALL parties, creeds and colours. My opinion in this particular instance (which isn't really an opinion at all) was based purely on what was said in this thread. This was the first I've heard or read about Ric using that word or being discriminatory. That is why I was willing to give it (I should have said it not him) the benefit of the doubt, purely because I have not heard of this before. That's even why I said the last bit of my post about him being a white dude born in the 40s, aware of the fact that those circumstances means he probably hasn't only used that word in heat just the once.

Of course I'm not going to give Ric Flair the benefit of the doubt if it turns out it's a common occurrence for him, but again, I was going solely based off what was said in this topic and once again, am more than willing to be enlightened on the matter. And no, I never said him using it wasn't extreme. When I said let's not be extreme, I was more leaning toward the idea of having a civil discussion about it (which we are cos I certainly aint arguing here), rather then the morality of him saying the word being extreme or not. Of course a man like him using that word is extreme, I do not wanna downplay that. Believe me. Maybe you're right and I wont get it, but that's why I mentioned my willing to be enlightened on it.

But yeah, if the dude is a racist then *Censored* him. I just wanna know the facts before I agree with saying someone should be dead or whatever, but that's the difference between us. Not necessarily a bad difference, just trying to offer up a more civil response.

:)

https://mobile.twitter.com/UndisputedDMG/status/1160023389010112512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1160064516459237377&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231160064516459237377

And the rumour that politcked to keep Doom out of the main event, and he's not as bad as Hogan, he's worse.

Oooft, well that aint good. Shameful.

Lmao we built this land, we stole this shit. Idiots.

That's not part of his character back in the old days?

TIL my wife's aunt is being catfished by a guy claiming to be Seth Rollins. We've shown her pictures of Seth and Becky's engagement. Her response: "Oh that's just a publicity stunt. Becky Lynch is a hateful woman. He won't marry someone like her"

Your wife's aunt sounds obnoxiously stupid as *Censored*.

No disrespect.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I want to feel bad for her because this is obviously going to end badly for her, but she's being so stubborn and stupid about it that I just don't care. I tried *shrugs*

TIL that with Kofi Kingston's title WWE Championship reign is the fourth WWE Championship reign in a row that lasted over 100 days. This has only happened ONCE before in the entirety of the WWE Championship history. Back in 2003-2006, which included Cena & JBL holding the title for 280 days each, and it was also only 4 reigns in a row.

Archived