Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Tatanka is not in the HOF. I just assumed he was. I stumbled on some blog today and the list of names not in included him. And I was pretty shocked. I mean granted I didn't know his entire career. But still, wow.

Clearly. If you're surprised that he's not in the HoF :lol:

Dude was the Crimson of WWE...with a more limited moveset

TIL that Michael Cole is 50

Charly Caruso was a homicide crime reporter. Geez

Interestingly enough, Michael Cole was a war correspondent, and reported on the Bosnian conflict among others.

That Tatanka is not in the HOF. I just assumed he was. I stumbled on some blog today and the list of names not in included him. And I was pretty shocked. I mean granted I didn't know his entire career. But still, wow.

Yikes.

To be fair, not too many people had deep movesets at the time.

Yeah Tatanka was pretty cool and probably could have been bigger than he was if booked better. He had that Ultimate Warrior feel about him and was over with the fans, I just don't think he ever recovered after going heel. When he came back in the mid-2000's it was pretty cool. HoF worthy for sure though.

He was over because he was booked strong as hell, almost undefeated for two years. :lol:

The Ultimate Warrior puts him to shame. Tatanka was the Warrior on 30% speed with every powermove being replaced by a Chop.

He could not have been bigger. Quite frankly...WWE made him bigger than he was.

I mean...Just look at all the things he accomplished in his career outside of WWE.

TIL just how big pulling Roderick Strong into WWE was. I've been out of the wrestling loop for ages so when the WWE roster came out I was like "who is chump?" Dude put like 13 years into ROH I had NO idea just how huge he really was.

Which lead to me finding out he married Marina Shafir this year which lead me to realizing all of the mma 4 Horsewomen were WWE employed. That's just how out of the loop I've been

Guest Fight Me.

Roddy was like one of the first indy names I ever heard of, like before I even watched anything from ROH lol He also had a little stint in the early days of TNA as apart of the X-Division.

Yeah, it was a huge deal when Roddy signed with WWE. I remember the first time I saw him in the 2005 Best of the Super Juniors tournament against James Gibson. I think his run in PWG is what made him more appealing to WWE since he showed a ton personality as PWG champion.

I had a friend back in my efed days who would put me onto stuff going on outside of WWE. He put me onto the Punk/Joe 60 minute draw. He introduced me to the ridiculousness of Kenny Omega. He put me on Human Tornado and the low blow no sells, XD. Not once did he, or ANYBODY else from the efeds, mention Strong ONCE and I'm like "why was nobody talking about this guy?"

To be fair Roddy was just a non-descript dude for like 10 years. He really hit his stride right before he left for WWE with his heel PWG run. Other then that everything he did was pretty forgettable.

Not saying he was a bad wrestler but he had zero personality for the longest time. Wasn't he in the main event of the first impact on spike?

"who is chump?"

Lmao, I just saw that XD

But okay, consensus is PWG is what did him justice. Now I dont feel as bad

And it doesn't necessarily say it was the main event but it says he faced Styles at that show, so more than likely yes

From what I remember, a lot of people I talked said Roddy was just the guy that all substance, and no style. He basically had the Dean Malenko aspect to him. He was just the dude who hit backbreakers, and listened to Misery Signals. It wasn't until he paired up with Truth Martini that he started to show any kind of personality, and he really hit his stride in PWG.

Today I learned that Chris Candido slept with Jenna Jameson in an attempt to get back at Sunny. His brother Jonny talked about it a few years ago about how distraght and despressed his brother was in WWE. Man, Sunny did him dirty.

Archived