Today I Learned...

ZEF

Guest Fight Me.

Tbh, I just forgot that Hade Vansen existed. Did he even debut on the product?

Wasn't he the guy who had debut vignettes for a few months, and then never even debuted? :lol:

He had one single vignette, then Vince decided he was too short to feud with Taker at Mania so they released him.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh, I just forgot that Hade Vansen existed. Did he even debut on the product?

Wasn't he the guy who had debut vignettes for a few months, and then never even debuted? :lol:

He had one single debut, then Vince decided he was too short to feud with Taker at Mania so they released him.

Pretty sure he didn't even debut

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

TIL WWE announced Jericho signing on their website a month before his iconic debut.

In 99?

Yep, Jericho and Conrad just talked about it covering his debut on his podcast this past week.

TIL Nia Jax was born in Australia and thus is the first Australian born WWE Women's Champion.

Is that really how it works, though? :lol: I mean...she's Samoan. Not sure if I could consider someone Australian just for being born there. She was raised in Hawaii and is Samoan. She's not indigenous, and she didn't even grow up there. Seems more like a trivia answer than an official stat. If she was raised in Hawaii, I would just consider her an American. Depends how long she was in Australia, I guess...but it doesn't sound like long at all. If she was born there and then ended up in Hawaii still as a baby, then she ain't Australian, IMO.

TIL Nia Jax was born in Australia and thus is the first Australian born WWE Women's Champion.

Is that really how it works, though? :lol: I mean...she's Samoan. Not sure if I could consider someone Australian just for being born there. She was raised in Hawaii and is Samoan. She's not indigenous, and she didn't even grow up there. Seems more like a trivia answer than an official stat. If she was raised in Hawaii, I would just consider her an American. Depends how long she was in Australia, I guess...but it doesn't sound like long at all. If she was born there and then ended up in Hawaii still as a baby, then she ain't Australian, IMO.

Which would still make her Australian born.

True...but, I would rather not mention it; as it feels like it takes away merit from someone like, say...Rhea Ripley or Toni Storm, if they ever win the main WWE title. And yeah, I know Storm is NZ born. But, again...it feels off to call Nia the first Austalian born women's champion. I don't think birth has much to do with who someone is or where they're from. It's really about where they were raised, and where they actually represent. Like I said...it's a nice trivia question. I just don't want WWE to actually make note of it. Save that for someone who actually represents that nation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived