Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Edge said they actually got the guy who did the theme for Big Show or Billy Gunn to do a shitty ripoff of that and he ended up not wanting it anymore lol.

TIL that WWE used to have a show in 98-99 called Super Astros that was pretty much a lucha show with guys like Negro Casas and El Hijo del Santo.

They also had the juniors division sometime in the mid-2000's or so and had guys like Super Porky in it. Too bad it didn't last long, I would have loved to have seen Super Porky in a WWE game.

TIL Caristico (aka Mistico aka the original Sin Cara) won the WON Wrestler of the Year award at just 24 years old.

Given his WWE run, thats genuinely hard to believe tbh.

Given his pre-WWE days his WWE run is hard to believe as well :P

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, it's a shame, I heard incredible things about Mistico before he came over to WWE. He also won Best Box Office Draw, Best Box Office Draw of the Decade, Best Flying Wrestler and was the #3 ranked wrestler in the world that same year too.

Yeah, he outdrew John Cena back in the day. Crazy. Would be interesting to see how well a Mask vs Mask match with him would do. I think Caristico vs Mistico Mask vs Mask would be awesome. Or even Caristico vs Volador Jr. in a Mask vs Hair match.

I think one of the problems with his WWE run was the he was thrown into the main roster straight away and the lucha style is very different from the WWE style.

Archived