Today I Learned...

ZEF

TIL Jericho is the reason Styles can use the Styles Clash. The reason he kicked out of the move multiple times was to trick Vince into approving it. Vince banned it based on prior injuries and didn't know what it looked like.

He also made sure to bash the fans who complained about him kicking out. Good on him.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIL Jericho is the reason Styles can use the Styles Clash. The reason he kicked out of the move multiple times was to trick Vince into approving it. Vince banned it based on prior injuries and didn't know what it looked like.

He also made sure to bash the fans who complained about him kicking out. Good on him.

TIL .. that.

Jericho's one of the good guys, I've heard lots of reports about him looking out for his cohorts.

TIL that WWE's video archive allegedly has something like a "do not view, reproduce or destroy" vault containing things like accidents and questionable content (I'd assume the Raw episode tribute to Benoit is in there)

I don't know why they simply don't destroy it as no-one would ever want to see it. I suppose there could be legal reasons. If indeed it does exist.

TIL that WWE's video archive allegedly has something like a "do not view, reproduce or destroy" vault containing things like accidents and questionable content (I'd assume the Raw episode tribute to Benoit is in there)

I don't know why they simply don't destroy it as no-one would ever want to see it. I suppose there could be legal reasons. If indeed it does exist.

I thought the only two things labeled as that were Tom Magee vs Bret Hart and Owen's fall.

I think they shouldn't destroy them, it's part of history, they shouldn't destroy any of their tapes. Destroying tapes/taping over made us lose a lot of wrestling history and a company the size of the WWE in this era has no reason to do the same.

I thought the only two things labeled as that were Tom Magee vs Bret Hart and Owen's fall.

I think they shouldn't destroy them, it's part of history, they shouldn't destroy any of their tapes. Destroying tapes/taping over made us lose a lot of wrestling history and a company the size of the WWE in this era has no reason to do the same.

Why is Magee vs. Bret labelled as unwatchable?

As mentioned, Benoit's tribute show could be in there too as well as the D-Lo Vs Droz match where Droz broke his neck.

Archived