Today I Learned...

ZEF

TIL that Hulk Hogan's first WWE composed theme was the music used on his "Rock and Wrestling" cartoon. And that was later adapted into the backing of a Bonnie Tyler song (Ravishing).

I take it you watch wrestling with wregret?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIL that Hulk Hogan's first WWE composed theme was the music used on his "Rock and Wrestling" cartoon. And that was later adapted into the backing of a Bonnie Tyler song (Ravishing).

I take it you watch wrestling with wregret?

Indeed I do. Brian Zane is damn entertaining.

TIL that Tye Dillinger has a full name: Tyler Ulysses Frederick Dillinger III.

Well his real name is Ronald Arneill. Unless you mean that's supposed to be the characters full name.

Yep at the latter. His mom gave it to him. Checked to see if Tye Dillinger was based on his real name, but not even close.

TIL that Chris Pratt wrestled in school, is an MMA fan, and is friends with Josh Barnett.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind Pratt getting involved in pro wrestling at some point...he has the natural charisma for it, and can probably mat-wrestle pretty decently. But, I'm guessing his career is way too successful to be throwing it away for WWE appearances or anything like that. And the obvious fact that there is simply no need for non-wrestlers in the wrestling industry. Basically, I'm just saying that he's a celebrity who I would respect if he did take part in wrestling, because of his history with it.

TIL that Chris Pratt wrestled in school, is an MMA fan, and is friends with Josh Barnett.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind Pratt getting involved in pro wrestling at some point...he has the natural charisma for it, and can probably mat-wrestle pretty decently. But, I'm guessing his career is way too successful to be throwing it away for WWE appearances or anything like that. And the obvious fact that there is simply no need for non-wrestlers in the wrestling industry. Basically, I'm just saying that he's a celebrity who I would respect if he did take part in wrestling, because of his history with it.

Well I did see a YouTube video of him with Batista teaching them how to do a powerbomb honestly surprised wwe never had him as a guest host for raw

Not WWE related, but I recently learned that Dontaku basically means "holiday"...and it's derived from the Dutch word 'Zondag' which means 'Sunday'...So, NJPW's Dontaku event is like a "wrestling holiday"...and it's traditionally held on May 3, which is the Japanese constitutional memorial day....so, it's kinda like the Japanese equivalent of the Great American Bash, I guess. Lol.

TIL: WWE had two version of El Torito, one in the 1997 and 98 and one with Los Matadores.

I don't know if version makes sense though, as they were portrayed by two different characters

TIL this vignette was supposed to be for the then debuting Kenzo Suzuki, but it got scrapped after one vignette after Kenzos wife talked WWE officials out of doing this gimmick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSIgdulGFNs&feature=youtu.be

Jesus Christ. When it comes to foreign wrestlers' WWE's playbook could be written on a postage stamp. Can't think why that was vetoed. :facepalm:

Archived