Today I Learned...

ZEF

Yeah great, but the internet isn't a promotion. I've seen many people wanting to talk about Sami Zay who've been bombarded with "nah they're 2 different people Generico is an orphan or some shit" and the conversation ends. It's not funny anymore and time has moved on.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole Indy name thing has never been funny. The Sami/Generico thing was old a long time ago.

Not really. Jericho/Owens had the whole building laughing when they brought it up at the podcast and gave new details (it was live in Toronto so obvs I was there).

Of course it's subjective but no need to buzzkill it.

Okay so since this is unfunny now let me be the super buzzkill and remind you all the whole Generico/Zayn thing got ruined by WWE when they showed Generico/Steen in promos for when Owens and Sami fought at Battleground i think (or prior). Like always, WWE has to ruin things...

Nobody cares. The "gimmick" can still go...

TIL Batista was supposed to be revealed as a child of rape in his "deacon" gimmick. He apparently revealed it on Jericho's podcast.

Oh jeez thats dark....

Damn glad they didn't go down that path.

Also anyone remember John Cenas 5 questions with the champ? Shit was funny as hell and had some cool stuff on there don't think you can find them anywhere anymore his 'My Life' DVD had another disk with them all on gonna have to dig that out one day.

TIL there could be an argument made for Jeff Jarrett being a 16 time world champion. And Jerry Lawler twice as much. Suck it, Cena!

Can't count USWA World Titles since the company was just a territory. But Flair still is #1 with 21 reigns just WWE won't count some of them. He just broke the tie for second. Now it's like this.

1. Ric Flair - 21

2. John Cena - 16

3. Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Verne Gagne - 15

TIL there could be an argument made for Jeff Jarrett being a 16 time world champion. And Jerry Lawler twice as much. Suck it, Cena!

Can't count USWA World Titles since the company was just a territory. But Flair still is #1 with 21 reigns just WWE won't count some of them. He just broke the tie for second. Now it's like this.

1. Ric Flair - 21

2. John Cena - 16

Woooooooooo

1. Ric Flair - 21

2. John Cena - 16

So Sammartino was never world champ? And where do the 15 title reigns for Gagne come from, wasn't the AWA just a territory?

1. Ric Flair - 21

2. John Cena - 16

So Sammartino was never world champ? And where do the 15 title reigns for Gagne come from, wasn't the AWA just a territory?

No, Sammartino was a world champion because he won the WWE title, and to be fair the WWF, AWA, and NWA titles were treated like equals back in the day. AWA travels around alot of the country plus had a national TV deal with ESPN. AWA is considered a national promotion, USWA was just a territory that could not go national, heck WWE sent in the C squad for their Invasion.

But the WWF was just a territory as well. I don't buy that logic, it's incoherent to me. You can't just pick whatever titles you want and those count, not those other ones, though.

It's because the title he won later became a world title, so the title history becomes a world title, if it was a different title then it would not but it's the same title.

The Extreme/Eastern thing is weird, I think the Eastern Title reigns I don't think count due to Gordon basically folding Eastern to get out of the NWA and creating Extreme with everything from Eastern. So even it's kinda like two different company's but not really.

Also, didn't know for a long time but WCW's World title was the NWA title til Flair left with the Big Gold. So WCW created a real title and the NWA just waited til they got the title back.

Archived