The CHIKARA Discussion Thread

Oresama

1200px-Chikara-Logo-svg.png

I figured it would be a good time to post this since Season 17 begins on February 4th with National Pro Wrestling Day so...here it is. As with last year, NPWD will be hosting the Young Lions Cup, Cornelius Crummels and Space Monkey are the first two (of 16) competitors announced for the tournament.

Also, check out CHIKARA's Facebook, they've been posting full events everyday as a countdown to NPWD.

• 11 months later...

I was just looking at the schedule for Season 19 and it looks like it's going to be a good one for tournaments and such. The Young Lions Cup taking place over two days rather than just being at NPWD, the Tag World Grand Prix, The Infinite Gauntlet, The Johnny Kidd Invitational, the Cibernetico, La Lotería Letal is back and of course King of Trios.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The lineup for this year's Young Lions Cup:

sngfhy.jpg

Gabby Ortiz

Brett Domino

Geddy Calhoon

Green Ant

Eli Isom

Anthony Greene

Super Beetle

Air Wolf

Blanche Babish

Fuego Del Sol

DL Hurst

Omari

Dylan Bostic

Percy Davis

Cam Zagami

Cajun Crawdad

• 5 months later...

So does anyone watch CHIKARA still? I went to night one of KOT to see mah boy PCO and it just lost alot of the magic its one had but there was still alot i liked it about. I loved Cajin Crawdad, Hermit Crab and Thunderfrog. Los Ice Creams and Kikutaro was the best trio. The show was really entertaining but it just felt like something was missing. I miss the super intricate storylines.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As much as I am so saddened by the revelations about what has been happening with Chikara  I am so sad about it ending this way as for a time, a long time ago, it was one of my very favourite things. It's heartbreaking on so many different levels. Heartbreaking for those who had to live those horrible experiences.  Heartbreaking for those good ones who gave so much of their time and energy to that company without knowing what was happening. It's just very sad.

Chikara for sure filled a certain niche, and as hard as some tried to copy it, it was never done like in Chikara, The king of Trios, the Intergender Match ups, the over the top characters and storylines, it was just so much..fun.  I'm a old guy now and I've been through this before, WCW, ECW, Hell a local promotion that was really catching steam and has some great talent. it always hurts. But with those stories, those experiences, this one comes with a little less pain as it  HAS to happen.

Archived