Detroit Become Human (PS4)

MikeM

I enjoyed the last three games he made.

I wanted to play Heavy Rain when I got my PS4, but from what I've seen it goes into such minute detail that you have to do stupid things like lay cutlery on the table etc.

I hope this strikes the balance between choice, and just being too much work. I loved Detective mode in the Arkham games, so I am really excited for Connor's story at least.

Well, that and he's a terrible writer with only a few good ideas that need to be filtered by someone else (thus why I call him the Russo of game writing). And he's got a weird obsession with women being attacked in their underwear.

Never mind the issues such as having to lie to the player in heavy rain to not give the plot away, or the cluster*censored* that is the second half of Indigo Prophecy, or... well. Omikron.

Well, that and he's a terrible writer with only a few good ideas that need to be filtered by someone else (thus why I call him the Russo of game writing). And he's got a weird obsession with women being attacked in their underwear.

Never mind the issues such as having to lie to the player in heavy rain to not give the plot away, or the cluster*censored* that is the second half of Indigo Prophecy, or... well. Omikron.

Suddenly, I'm relieved I never made it that far into Indigo Prophecy...

Suddenly, I'm relieved I never made it that far into Indigo Prophecy...

Its honestly as if two separate games were put together with the same gameplay.

Beyond Two Souls could have been good, but once again the story just goes down the toilet fairly quickly (in my personal opinion of course). Cage is freaking quoted as saying "game overs are a failure of the game designer" for christs sake.. and indigo prophecy HAD game overs!

I just really don't like Quantic Dreams work. The most entertainment I get out of it is watching two best friends play rip each game to shreds.

Of course i've nothing against those who do enjoy the games, i'm simply explaining my view point on it.

I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy, but the latter took a weird turn with its story towards the end. It was laughable, to be honest. I didn't play Beyond because I'm not a big fan of paranormal/supernatural stuff or weird powers coming into play.

Heavy Rain was great though, purely because of the story and the way it takes a different direction based on player choice.

• 10 months later...

What lie? I actually like the plot twist lol

What lie? I actually like the plot twist lol

Wow, nearly a year old post quoted. :lol:

The lie is that we multiple times throughout the series can hear the killers thoughts. The game has to lie to you by making him act innocent in his own head in order to not give it away. It's incredibly lazy and shows that the team was either rushed or, and this is more likely considering how I feel about David Cage, he's no where near as good a writer as he thinks he is.

• 4 months later...

This game isn't really even on my radar. I know the title, and I know it's a big PS4 exclusive...but I really know nothing about it. And for some reason, I don't even have an urge to watch the trailers or learn more about it while I'm typing this. I'm sure I'll get it at some point, just because it's a solid exclusive for my PS4 collection...but, yeah. Kinda sliding under my radar for now. It's basically Heavy Rain, yeah? Never played that either. Still want to.

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed the demo, definitely on my "to get" list I think. Got 100 percent probability of success first time, might replay to see how badly I can screw things up with Connor.

Decided to get this after watching a bit of someone streaming it. Wasn't even planning on getting it but after watching them play some of it I wanted to try it for myself. Only did the first few chapters so far but I'm really enjoying it, plus it looks amazing which is always a nice plus (and I'm not even playing the PS4 Pro version).

Really enjoyed Beyond Two Souls and while I never played Heavy Rain I did watch a playthough of it and thought it was good. Got the deluxe version of the game which comes with Heavy Rain so I'll be able to try it out for myself.

Game spoiler

*censored* Todd and *censored* Zlatko.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished it a few days ago and enjoyed it. Wish there were a few things I did differently though

Save Hank instead chase the deviant

Just be better to Hank

Save North

Connor best character by the way

• 2 months later...

Bit late to the party, but I finished the game the other day. As always, I think Quantic Dream have done an amazing job. However, things didn't go exactly how I thought they would at the end.

*Warning - ending spoiler*

I must admit, I used a guide on the last level because I wanted to get the best possible ending. I followed it word-for-word, and it appeared I was going to get the good ending. Markus was acting peacefully, Kara got across the border to Canada with Alice and Luther without having to sacrifice anyone, and Connor managed to get the androids at the Cyber Life tower without being shot by Hank or having the other Connor mess up his plans.

I don't know what went wrong, but the only one that went along with what the guide said was Kara. Markus kissed North, but the army gunned the whole of Jericho down anyway, and Connor was given the choice to commit suicide or do nothing (I went with do nothing). I was a little bit annoyed because I wanted all three of them to survive. The worst part is that I have no clue whatsoever as to where I went wrong. I must've been on course to getting the good ending because as I was reading through the guide, it was telling me certain options wouldn't be available to me if I wasn't on the right track for the good ending - but all of the options were available.

Bit late to the party, but I finished the game the other day. As always, I think Quantic Dream have done an amazing job. However, things didn't go exactly how I thought they would at the end.

*Warning - ending spoiler*

I must admit, I used a guide on the last level because I wanted to get the best possible ending. I followed it word-for-word, and it appeared I was going to get the good ending. Markus was acting peacefully, Kara got across the border to Canada with Alice and Luther without having to sacrifice anyone, and Connor managed to get the androids at the Cyber Life tower without being shot by Hank or having the other Connor mess up his plans.

I don't know what went wrong, but the only one that went along with what the guide said was Kara. Markus kissed North, but the army gunned the whole of Jericho down anyway, and Connor was given the choice to commit suicide or do nothing (I went with do nothing). I was a little bit annoyed because I wanted all three of them to survive. The worst part is that I have no clue whatsoever as to where I went wrong. I must've been on course to getting the good ending because as I was reading through the guide, it was telling me certain options wouldn't be available to me if I wasn't on the right track for the good ending - but all of the options were available.

Did you use the backdoor in Connor's programming every time you talked with Amanda?

What did the public think of the Androids?

How did the initial march go?

There are many many many factors that can contribute to one ending or the other.

Archived