Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cartel stuff is new to me, but I'm not surprised tbh. Organized crime and pro wrestling is nothing new. Hell, there's that story of the Yakuza wanting to kill Sabu backstage at an FMW show one night.

Well yeah, it's anything in Mexico, really. Film festivals. Music Festivals. A club in Mexico where that hosts a music festival with organizers from Toronto just got shot up recently because the person running it refused to pay two rival cartels.

That's actually why I looked into the relationship between Mexican wrestling and Cartels. Scary shit.

Lucha Underground Star Famous B on Why Chair Shots to the Head Are Allowed in LU, WWEs Cruiserweights, Who Influenced Him and More: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/805977-lucha-underground-star-famous-b-on-why-chair-shots-to-the-head-are-allowed-in-lu-wwes-cruiserweights-who-influenced-him-and-more

Vampiro will get the respect from the wrestlers so it is a good thing. Not some fat dude in glasses calling the shots so if he himself shows the talent respect their morale will be pretty good and will want to work for them. Hope I'm right about this, as much as I want "the Crash" to succeed I don't want AAA to suffer due to it.

Vampiro will get the respect from the wrestlers so it is a good thing. Not some fat dude in glasses calling the shots so if he himself shows the talent respect their morale will be pretty good and will want to work for them. Hope I'm right about this, as much as I want "the Crash" to succeed I don't want AAA to suffer due to it.

'Dude...'

jFJv0lj.jpg

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AAAs attempts to get Alberto El Patron back to work TripleMania do not look good. Alberto was in Mexico pushing the FULL promotion, and said hed be open to working for ELITE and even would be open to returning to CMLL, but was not coming back to AAA. He was upset with AAA from his last run; they tried to trademark the name Alberto El Patron behind his back, claiming that they were doing it to protect him.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/alberto-el-patron-unlikely-to-work-triplemania/

Lawyers for AAA threatened to sue a company who booked Pentagon Jr. and Fenix on an upcoming show but the fed isnt run by dummies, and they fought back with a legal letter.

Lucha Libre FMV the joint company run by AAA and Lucha Underground sent a message through lawyers to PCW in Los Angeles earlier this month which states they are the legitimate owner of the intellectual property related to the name, characteristics, characters and designs of FENIX, REY FENIX, PENTAGON Jr. and PENTA 0M, among other trademarks.

As we previously reported, LL FMV filed for a trademark on Pentagons new name one-week after he announced it at a Crash show in Tijuana.

The letter continues, At the light of the above, we are sending you this communication requesting you to cease and refrain from the unauthorized and misuse of the intellectual property. Adding, And also please avoid to hire any person that uses such intellectual property or any other confusingly similar otherwise they may exercise legal action.

PCW, however, didnt take kindly to what seems to be a pretty petty move on FMVs part.

They fired back with a letter this week that says, While we thank you for your concern with making sure that we are not going to use the names of performers or characters legally owned by your client, we can assure you that we are only promoting performers by names that either the performers control themselves or which no entity controls as of this date.

The company goes on to point out that Rey Fenix filed his trademark for the name last year, long before FMV, and they have reason to believe it will get approved. As for Pentagon, theyre confident the companys trademark attempt will be denied after he fights it in court.

PCW also mentions promotional materials dont refer to either wrestler as Fenix or Pentagon Jr.

The initial letter and scathing response can both be found by CLICKING HERE: http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/pcw-aaa-legal-letters/#.WK_2hhIrJE4.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/aaa-legal-letter-pentagon-fenix/#.WLAJbhIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Archived