Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the LU Netflix deal is Netflix feeling out the size of the viewers. If it popular i wouldn't be surprised to see the series jump to Netflix full time.

If you mean that it would leave El Rey...that would never happen. It's produced by Robert Rodriguez, who is the co-founder of El Rey. If you're just saying that Netflix will get Seasons 3, 4, and so on...then, yeah...definitely.

I think the LU Netflix deal is Netflix feeling out the size of the viewers. If it popular i wouldn't be surprised to see the series jump to Netflix full time.

If you mean that it would leave El Rey...that would never happen. It's produced by Robert Rodriguez, who is the co-founder of El Rey. If you're just saying that Netflix will get Seasons 3, 4, and so on...then, yeah...definitely.

Konnan mentioned on his podcast that El Rey is doing alot of reshuffling and LU might be a causality of that reshuffling. El Rey hasn't even started scheduling of a new season yet.

More on Lucha Underground and Netflix:

Thats a start. Lucha Underground is one of the most niche promotions in the world as its marketed to a small group of fans, which unfortunately means only a small group of fans watch the show. At the moment, the show isnt even available in Mexico, where it would probably have a much larger audience. That may be changing soon though.

According to MLWRadio, Netflix will be airing the first two seasons of the show, confirming recent reports. The report goes on to say that the company is NOT for sale and isnt leaving the El Rey Network, which goes against the same reports that had it going to Neflix. The show will be live on Netflix later this month.

Good for them. How this show isnt on TV in Mexico is beyond me but at least now theyre getting some major exposure, which should help them quite a bit. If nothing else this is probably going to bring some money into the promotion and help keep it alive. The beauty of Lucha Underground is that the show exists in its own continuity, meaning it can be watched at any time without losing anything.

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/825376135273971714

Are you a Lucha Underground fan? Would you watch it on Netflix if you dont have the El Rey Network? Let us know in the comments below.

http://wrestlingrumors.net/its-official-wrestling-is-coming-to-netflix/

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AAA filed for trademarks in Mexico and Lucha Libre FMV (the parent company of Lucha Underground) did the same for the U.S. on names Penta 0M and Fenix El Rey. Pentagon changed his name again, now to Penta Zero M. The WON adds that in theory, there should be no way Lucha Libre FMV can file for trademarks for names theyve never used, especially when there is evidence the other guys used it first outside of the promotions, but the wrestlers may not want to get into a legal battle in the US with a promotion. Lucha Libre FMV had also trademarked Pentagon Jr., Pentagon Dark and Fenix.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/aaa-lucha-underground-looking-to-block-trademarks-for-pentagon-fenix/

Shoutout to AAA for keeping lucha libre interesting to the American audience while LU is on break.

Are copyright offices going to actually step in at any point? Pentagon Jr and Fenix are understandable, but copyrighting names used post-AAA is bullshit. Haven't they screwed Fenix out of two names? They "own" Rey Fenix and Fenix El Rey (Or whatever the other one was) now don't they?

Son of Havoc says he broke his leg last month, then walked on it for weeks before getting diagnosed however, the Lucha Underground star is doing his best to remain positive through it all.

Havoc told Uproxx that the accident occurred on January 13th during DEFY Wrestlings inaugural event when he injured himself during a moonsault gone wrong.

He adds, Multiple people offered to take me to the hospital my thought process being, if I can stand on it, and get around, its not broken. Only in retrospect do I realize how foolish that sounds.

SoH says he finally decided to get an x-ray this week and it was painfully obvious that his leg was broken once the the film hit the screen. As of right now, theres no timetable for his return.

I just wanna say thank you to everyone whos reached out and helped to make me feel like Im not alone. He adds, My heart is broken, my leg is broken, but my spirit is not.

For those of you looking to help, Havoc says buying one of his t-shirts is the best way to support.

Heres to a speedy recovery!

https://twitter.com/MDoggMattCross/status/829133304205029379

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/son-havoc-broken-leg/#.WJyvK7YrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Shitty deal for Matt Cross. Pretty crazy that he was walking around on a broken leg for a month. I may be confusing him with Punk but I think I heard/read somewhere that he's the kind of guy who takes Straight Edge so seriously that he even avoids pain meds.

Lowkey hope this forces Pentagon to change his name cause Pental El 0M is awful.

Hasn't he changed it since then? I've seen him referred to as Penta Zero M a lot lately. Still hoping someone gives him the idea to just use Pentagram. If Fenix could get away with just adding "Rey" to his name, surely AAA couldn't interfere with him using Pentagram. Hopefully this situation teaches some other guys who may be planning to leave AAA to figure out a new name, trademark it, THEN leave. At this point there are only a handful of guys left in AAA that I care about at all and it wouldn't surprise me to see them all leave, Especially if The Crash expands like they plan to.

Archived