Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Above match is why I've lost a lot of interest in LU. I mean Johnny Mundo has been great on this show but Jack Swagger? I don't see the "lucha" in any of this. I'm not saying it can't be good, especially since I haven't seen any of this season yet, but I feel like I can see a Jake Strong vs Johnny Mundo type of match in WWE or another US based indy promotion. I just don't feel like I'm missing anything special and can wait to binge watch later on.

Starting LU now, shame literally no one here is talking about Ultra Lucha Cuatro right now.

Anyone know El Bunny's identity? Is it Mascarita Sagrada? He kinda vanished since he introduced Paul London to the White Rabbit.

Goddamn, XOLicious got wrecked.

Taya/Ricky was a little short, don't think it was necessary for the season finale.

Caught an old episode of LU on Netflix a few days ago, forgot how *censored*ing ugly Killshot's mask and overall attire was in season one lmao.

Jermaine Strickland, huh? Lol

Guess Killshot/Strickland is gone from LU. :( Hope he gets signed to NXT, he's proved here and on MLW that he could be a main event talent.

Goddamn, XOLicious got wrecked.

Taya/Ricky was a little short, don't think it was necessary for the season finale.

Caught an old episode of LU on Netflix a few days ago, forgot how *censored*ing ugly Killshot's mask and overall attire was in season one lmao.

Jermaine Strickland, huh? Lol

Guess Killshot/Strickland is gone from LU. :( Hope he gets signed to NXT, he's proved here and on MLW that he could be a main event talent.

Dang, Killshot leaving sucks. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in NXT soon.

He doesn't really have a lot to prove on the indies.

So an Aro Lucha ad just aired on Pop TV while Impact was on commercial, not sure if that means it's coming to Pop TV but it's coming in 2019. The footage seems to be really old...especially with talent like Rey Mysterio and Reby Hardy on it. Did some digging, found out Rey is actually co-owner of the project. Here's what the CEO of Aro had to say about Rey's status since he's returned to WWE now:

"We always had open discussions with Rey and he informed us that he wanted to join Aro Lucha and see it succeed, but that he always wanted to end his career at the WWE." Brown explained. "At the time of our initial conversations, there was no discussions with the WWE or a timeline, so we all thought it could be 2 or 3 years before he decided to go back. Rey continues to hold stock in the company and we are a place that he can return to and help outside of WWE. We want what is best for Rey and the opportunity for him to return happened a lot faster than any of us predicted, including Rey. Our relationship with Rey is good and we will continue to grow the brand while he is away. We are different than the WWE and there are special reasons why Rey found Aro Lucha interesting. He said something in the WeFunder video, something to effect that he loved Aro Lucha because it was 100% lucha and for the lucha fans, that's what makes us different and unique." Brown concluded.

Continuing right now, twas starting to get sleepy last night and I didn't wanna disrespect LU like that. :lol:

I don't like Matanza's new attire. It's too much, plus why's the aztec logo on his belly instead of his chest? It bothers me lmao.

Damn, they really did that with Strong. :/

The Wade Barrett reveal was pretty cool tho.

DARIO!!!!

Archived