Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rey will be in the hall one day no doubt, unless he drops an n-bomb like Hogan did or kills someone. Let's just hope he gets in while he's still alive.

Oh I think Rey will live to see his induction ceremony. I think he gets in sooner rather than later. Stranger things have happened in regards to the WWE Hall of Fame, case in point, Kurt Angle. There had been rumors for years that Kurt Angle would eventually go back to the WWE, but for the last few years, those rumors never came to fruition until this year.

Yeah, especially when you consider that they slowly run out of Legends for the HOF to headline.

I mean they have the rock, batista, triple h, the undertaker, orton, cena, big show...and then who is left who they really have built up to be that big?

But i also can see Rey finding his way back to the wwe because of his son...if he really wants to become a wrestler.

Being in the wwe and having connections can bring the boy far.

If LU is done then El Rey will be done as well. They cancelled From Dusk Till Dawn which was their other top show, and now if they get rid of LU then all they will be is kung fu movies whatever else grindhouse crap they are airing.

Probably, would be a shame.

I cant remember one really bad LU episode, this was constantly a good show...it would suck if it ends.

Yeah, he met with Karen Jarrett and walked away with a contract. I guess we'll find out if he signed or not around January when his 90 day no compete clause is up. With Jeff Jarrett now gone apparently, I can see plans falling through.

????

I've seen a little clip of her saving Cage from Johnny and Taya at a live event like a year or couple months ago. She didn't look too bad tbh, but let's see how she does in a full match.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Rey Mysterio is considered the biggest name on the free agent market right now. New Japan and ROH are looking to expand, and Mysterio would be an idea guy to bring in because he can work with a wide variety of opponents. With New Japan wanting running more on the West Coast, Rey could very valuable to them, but the feeling is that he is overpriced for both ROH & NJPW. Reports are that Rey is pulling in upwards of $10,000 per match in some bookings.

Reys negotiations with GFW/Impact reportedly fell through and WWE reportedly passed on him.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/roh-njpw-possibly-interested-rey-mysterio-likely-overpriced/

I just remembered we were supposed to get Ivelisse vs. Catrina at Ultima Lucha Tres before Ivelisse got injured again. :(

At least that match was made so early in the season that I doubt most even remember it was gonna happen lol.

Just catching up on LU, surprised Ivelisse-Catrina is actually happening. :D

And I'm confused, I thought Gift of the Gods was an Ultima Lucha thing but I ain't complaining that we got it early lol.

AAA is running a charity show for the victims of the earthquake live on Twitch tonight.

https://www.twitch.tv/luchalibreaaa

CMLL hasn't ran any shows I think since the quake given how close their arenas were to the epicenter.

In fact they barely ran their anniversary show literally some hours before the quake struck.

For quite some time, there have been talks of whether a fourth season of Lucha Underground will be produced. There have been conflicting reports of the status of the company, and seemingly no clear-cut development. Former WWE and current Lucha Underground referee Marty Elias has been on the Pancakes & Powerslams Show on many occasions, providing updates that things are looking good as far as another season.

Dave Meltzer reported on his latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that “things look bleak,” “the people who funded seasons two and three have not committed to a fourth season,” and “nobody new has come to the table willing to commit to funding another season.”

Lucha Underground producer Eric Van Wagenen was the latest guest on the Ringside Pop show with Dale Rutledge, Marty Elias, and Kia Stevens (Awesome Kong; not present at this show). Here is the update he provided regarding the future of LU.

“Those conversations are happening. I wouldn’t be here today… if I thought Lucha Underground was dead. I don’t think it’s dead. If I was a betting person, I would bet that we’re coming back. But, TV breaks your heart. Everyone who has worked in it knows, sometimes the best shows are the ones that don’t survive. And then you have some shows that seem to be bulletproof and you hate them. But, that’s just the nature of television. And, this one is one that people feel very passionate about, and the audience feels very passionate about, and I think that everyone understands that. From Mark Burnett, to Gary Barber at MGM, to Daniel Tibbets and Robert Rodriguez.

“They all understand that this is a passionate fanbase, and it’s hard to quantify that. Hard to put a value on that. When you’re trending on Twitter, even though your audience is small compared to other television shows and other TV networks. The fact that people are so passionate about it, I think everybody understands that. And that’s not something in today’s TV business you just walk away from.”

You can view the full interview below.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/885369-backstage-news-on-the-future-of-lucha-underground

Archived