Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

Wish there was more talk about some of the better moments on the card rather than the one moment from what was probably one of the worst matches of the night.

Thought Fantasma's apology to Rosemary on twitter was very classy, he didn't need to do that, but if it's an apology party maybe Jeff Jarrett should be giving one to AAA for showing up in the shape he showed up in.

Best moments for me was Aerostar's two dives. The first one from the scaffolding was crazy, crazier still he's said that he wanted to go higher but it wasn't possible to do so. His second dive in the dive train was equally impressive to me.

I thought the Wagner/Psycho match was very good although I think it lacked some of the emotion from the Atlantis vs Sombra/UG matches from CMLL.

If La Park wanted to do the mask match with Wagner they would of done it a while back. They've had a lot of time to try and get it together. Park might just retire without loosing his mask.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish there was more talk about some of the better moments on the card rather than the one moment from what was probably one of the worst matches of the night.

Thought Fantasma's apology to Rosemary on twitter was very classy, he didn't need to do that, but if it's an apology party maybe Jeff Jarrett should be giving one to AAA for showing up in the shape he showed up in.

Best moments for me was Aerostar's two dives. The first one from the scaffolding was crazy, crazier still he's said that he wanted to go higher but it wasn't possible to do so. His second dive in the dive train was equally impressive to me.

I thought the Wagner/Psycho match was very good although I think it lacked some of the emotion from the Atlantis vs Sombra/UG matches from CMLL.

If La Park wanted to do the mask match with Wagner they would of done it a while back. They've had a lot of time to try and get it together. Park might just retire without loosing his mask.

I can't imagine La Parka losing his mask though. He's such an iconic figure in lucha libre. Him losing his mask would be crazy and I'm not sure if there's anyone worthy of taking it. I guess to some extent Wagner is in the same category but I look at La Parka as the bigger star because he had a run outside Mexico whereas I don't feel like Wagner ever reached the same level in that aspect of his career. Definitely can't imagine Parka continuing to wrestle if he lost it either though.

Looking at it a little bit closer I think Psycho Clown might be really over with the AAA crowd, I'm not sure since I don't watch regularly but looking at the crowd there were a ton of people wearing clown masks, and he has been with the company full-time now for about a decade so I guess he a good choice to take Wagners mask. The only other guy I could think of being a good choice as far as his place within AAA history is El Mesias, but a hair vs mask match would be kinda lame.

– PWInsider has some more news on GFW star Rosemary after being injured by Sexy Star. According to the report, Rosemary has some discoloration and swelling on her elbow as of today (August 27).

There is some fear that she could have a triceps tear. The GFW worker is still said to be getting some more tests done after she returns to the United States.

A number of GFW wrestlers and talents have also taken to Twitter to rip into Sexy Star over her actions against Rosemary.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/update-rosemary-injury-triplemania-joey-ryan-shoot/

Prob won't be up for very long but
https://youtube.com/watch?v=4JR7aD9AEqA

Seeing is 1000% different from reading about it. There was no need for that.

I can't imagine La Parka losing his mask though. He's such an iconic figure in lucha libre. Him losing his mask would be crazy and I'm not sure if there's anyone worthy of taking it. I guess to some extent Wagner is in the same category but I look at La Parka as the bigger star because he had a run outside Mexico whereas I don't feel like Wagner ever reached the same level in that aspect of his career. Definitely can't imagine Parka continuing to wrestle if he lost it either though.

I kinda want it to be Rush.

Looking at it a little bit closer I think Psycho Clown might be really over with the AAA crowd, I'm not sure since I don't watch regularly but looking at the crowd there were a ton of people wearing clown masks, and he has been with the company full-time now for about a decade so I guess he a good choice to take Wagners mask. The only other guy I could think of being a good choice as far as his place within AAA history is El Mesias, but a hair vs mask match would be kinda lame.

I'm in the same boat, I knew Psycho was big and I knew about his family being lucha royalty (still was surprising seeing Maximo and La Mascara there). At first I thought when Wagner came out with his posse and Psycho didn't have anyone with him that Maximo and Mascara were going to come out and screw Wagner but I'm really glad they didn't. I thought Psycho's family connections would of favoured Wagner more so they could get Psycho away from the clown gimmick but in the end it probably worked more in his favour as Wagner wouldn't just drop his mask to any old clown.

I do hope Wagner keeps wrestling at least another year without his mask. He looked really cool with the beard and wearing the hoodie. Hopefully he continues and helps set up his son for when he retires. On that note, I'd seen his son in CMLL not long ago, I'm guessing that he has at least two sons?

If there's any positive to come out of this, I really hope Rosemary has gained a lot of new fans over the weekend that don't watch GFW and weren't particularly familiar with her before. I mean, I'd like to think Rosemary and Decay were already one of the biggest attractions that made people wanna check things out there every once in a while, but you never know. The wrestling world seems to be behind right now and I'm very happy about that for her.

Just catching up on the Triplemania fallout. That's disgusting what happened to Rosemary. Sexy Star should be blackballed from all of pro wrestling. You know...throwing a stiff punch, stretching someone a bit aggressively...those are things you can get away with if you have a beef with someone. But you don't go out of your way to cause them a devastating physical injury that will ruin their career.

All I'll say regarding the Sexy Star incident is that its time to leave the old days of wrestling where shooting was okay behind. I believe that if you start shooting on someone in the ring, that is grounds for a serious blacklisting. What Sexy Star did was cowardly and pathetic, especially for a woman who's storyline for ages was that she wanted to be a role model for young girls. I hope she's ashamed as she bloody well should be.

I'm glad more damage wasn't done to Rosemary, and I hope there's no long term damage done to her arm.

Shooting, I think is fine...so long as it's done safely. And that might sound like an oxymoron...but, I mean...being stiff to remind someone to wake up and pay attention, is okay...IMO. But you don't do it with a move that can cause injury. You don't drop someone on their head...you don't try to knock someone out, or break something. And especially in the case of an armbar, you know the exact point when you're about to cause severe damage...you can feel that. And going beyond that point is nothing short of intentional...and just makes you a shitty person.

I don't consider stiffness and shooting the same thing, really. Being a little stiff to wake an opponent up if somethings a little off is fine, but going in to business for yourself or losing your temper and trying to injure something is pathetic and needs to be punished as severely as possible, in my honest opinion.

Well, shooting is just performing an attack for real, pretty much. Which I think is fine. Slapping someone as hard as you can is technically a shoot attack, if they aren't expecting it...IMO. To me, it's just anything unexpected...done on the fly. Off the cuff. "Shooting" from the hip...so to say.

Like...when Daniel Puder shot on Angle. He didn't really do much that could have injured him. He was imposing his will and overpowering Angle in a mat-based wrestling contest. He did eventually go for a submission, but I doubt he would have gone far enough to injure Angle. He wouldn't have applied full pressure if he got it, IMO. But that whole situation was still a shoot...because Angle wasn't expecting it. It didn't have to be an ugly back and forth brawl with someone being bloodied and both parties at each other's throats. It was just a thing that happened. I think that kind of shooting is actually acceptable...if you're okay with being an asshole, and probably being released.

It's unprofessional either way...but I do think some shooting is fine. The safe kind.

This might turn out to be a good thing in the end for Rosemary, I mean how many people had heard of her or cared for her until this happened? I for one never heard of her until now. Perhaps this will lead to more promotions booking her and the fans getting behind her (if they weren't already).

Archived