Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't have any problems with the feed. Saw they topped out at about 60,000 viewers on twitch which I think would be a success for AAA.

CMLL/Crash spoiler

Crash announced that Rush and Pierroth have jumped from CMLL

I didn't have any problems with the feed. Saw they topped out at about 60,000 viewers on twitch which I think would be a success for AAA.

CMLL/Crash spoiler

Crash announced that Rush and Pierroth have jumped from CMLL

That's a big loss for CMLL if true.

Anything worth checking out? Will this still be up on Twitch for me to watch tomorrow?

I'd say the last two matches were good. This show was way too long, I started watching it about 5 or so and it is almost 11 pm now. The main event in fact was so long it made me forget about the first couple of hours of the show.

I agree it was long. I thought over all though it was OK. Maybe my opinion of it would be different if I had to fork out money for it but it is hard to feel ripped off when the show was for free. I enjoyed the experience of being able to watch it on my tv and hope they explore the streaming on twitch again.

Seems there's more to the story about Rush and Pierrotth. Konnan is saying they're working in Crash and CMLL.

I agree it was long. I thought over all though it was OK. Maybe my opinion of it would be different if I had to fork out money for it but it is hard to feel ripped off when the show was for free. I enjoyed the experience of being able to watch it on my tv and hope they explore the streaming on twitch again.

Seems there's more to the story about Rush and Pierrotth. Konnan is saying they're working in Crash and CMLL.

Now that's something I can get behind on. Hopefully this leads to some great matches between Rush and Pentagon.

9yRrIHP.jpg

But wait, there's more...

Well, this is heck of a tale.

According to PWInsider, former TNA Knockouts champion Rosemary was injured during the finish of the Reina de Reinas (womens) championship at AAAs Triplemanía XXV pay-per-view (PPV). Their report says Sexy Star, who retained her title in the 4Way match, hyperextended or dislocated Rosemarys elbow using her armbar submission.

This came after Sexy and another wrestler in the match, Lady Shani, were legitimately shooting on each other at one point. Things backstage were said to have been understandably tense.

Doctors are checking on Rosemary to determine the extent of the damage.

If youve kept up with the Sexy Star/Taya Valkyrie/Johnny Mundo/Vampiro drama in AAA, youll know the former Lucha Underground champ probably isnt the most popular woman in the locker room already.

This also comes at an interesting time for AAA and Global Force Wrestling (GFW). The companies have been sharing talent a lot lately, with a lot of Impact stars on this PPV. But Jeff Jarrett also does business with Konnan, who has his own issues with AAA, and reportedly wont allow talent from his The Crash promotion to work with AAAs.

Stay tuned, and all the best to Rosemary.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2017/8/26/16210280/rosemary-reportedly-injured-aaa-triplemania-25-sexy-star-armbar-shoot-fight

But wait, there's more...

The word we are getting is that the injury is not as serious as originally feared and it does not appear that it will result in a lot of lost ring time for Rosemary, so she is lucky in that regard. We are told that before Sexy Star left the venue, she was brought by Vampiro to Rosemary and apologized. Star then quickly left the Arena as, according to several, Shani was upset about their interaction in their bout and was looking to continue the issue physically in the locker room.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=111916

Looks like Sexy Star is gonna be blackballed from the wrestling business.

No complaints. She's kind of the shits tbh. Was there even a reason for the whole incident? The stuff with Shani kind of makes sense because according to what I read, she was somewhat of a protege of Taya and Sexy Star is kind of the reason Taya isn't in AAA anymore

I'm guessing there was major cash involved. I'm just a little dissapointed in the opponent. For years they had been teasing Wagner/LA Park and this would have been the perfect opponent, OR he could have done it in CMLL at their anniversary show in a months time against another worthy opponent. An Atlantis/Wagner match would have probably made a million dollars at the gate, or even a Wagner/Caristico match as Caristico hasn't taken a big name mask in years.

Probably but AAA seems like the type of promotion that'll protect her.

Not sure if she'd be welcomed back into LU tho, a lot of her LU co-workers do not seem happy with her at all on Twitter.

Archived