Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The former Mark Jindrak is the new CMLL Heavyweight champion. Weird.

Yf74SSd.jpg

Not that weird IMO. Isn't he a fairly big star in Mexico?

The weird part is that it was done on some random houseshow, not the major tv show they tape on Tuesday.

What's weird about Corleone becoming champ is that it took this long, as he really is a big star in Mexico. My guess is they want to capitalize on the current sensation of Sam Elias and they probably want to put these two into a feud for the title. The heavyweight title isn't really as important as the middleweight title in CMLL though but maybe they are trying to vamp up their division.

Taya Valkyrie from Lucha Underground was rear ended by a drunk driver this weekend after a show … but luckily, the wrestler says she was only “shaken up” by the crash.

Valkyrie tweeted her recount of the incident and detailed the accident that occurred as she and two others were leaving an event in Atlantic City on the way to Philadelphia.

According to Taya, she and the other passengers were driving down the freeway near Philadelphia International Airport when their car was rear ended at high speed. This caused the car to spin out over 3 lanes of traffic before stopping on a guard rail.

Taya explained, “I’ve never been in any serious accident but this was like my world had been put in slow motion until we crashed into the guardrail.”

Valkyrie also said that the driver of the other car was drunk, so he and his passengers were arrested by Philadelphia police — whom Valkyrie thanked in her post before going on a rant about drunk driving.

“I’m furious!!! Don’t be an idiot, don’t drink and drive, don’t let your friends drink and drive. Be responsible.”

Thankfully, no serious injuries were sustained.

https://twitter.com/TheTayaValkyrie/status/874013147300081664

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/lucha-underground-car-accident/#.WUCuW8YZOAx

Archived