Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Paul London was in Germany working shows for wXw, and scouting talent for Lucha Underground while there. London is a producer for the show said there were a few guys he was pitching to bring in for season four, which may start taping in the fall.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/paul-london-recently-scouted-for-lucha-underground-in-germany/

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be cool if this was the new home for LU, they'd get way more viewers that way.

Not only that but they'd get guaranteed funding and could probably even increase production values. The downside is their partnership with AAA could be in jeopardy if they went to Netflix.

With the way AAA has been acting lately, I'd say that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Most of the luchadors are from AAA, no? I'd imagine they could block LU from using them if this is the case.
They are, but Fenix, Pentagon, Jack Evans, Sexy Star and presumably Mysterio have all left AAA. I think Lucha Underground could rebuild if they severed ties with AAA, but I don't see it happening because LU is basically owned by one of the owners of AAA.

Rey is done with AAA? Any chance he becomes the legend for WWE 2K18?

Not 100% sure that he's done with AAA, but he showed up at The Crash and joined Penta/Fenix/Zorro's group so I would think that he's not happy with AAA to say the least.

Sexy Star has not retired from wrestling, and not planning to either.

At no point did I ever actually say [that I’m retired from wrestling],” Sexy Star said. “I think that was just miscommunication from several parties saying that I’ve quit. I have not quit wrestling, but we’ll see what happens. We’ll see what opportunities come my way as a boxer. Boxing and wrestling are similar in regards to being in shape. If I’m in shape and still training in boxing, then I can definitely come back and do wrestling. If I keep training, even though boxing is another sport entirely, then I think I feel comfortable enough to wrestle at any given time.”

http://www.fightful.com/exclusive-sexy-star-says-she-has-not-retired-wrestling

• 2 weeks later...

Archived