Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who don't speak Spanish, the gist of the Andrade promo is that he's been a wrestler since he was 13, and a champion at 18. He is free again to wrestle where he wants, and he wants to wrestle in AAA. He challenges Kenny Omega because a Mexican championship belongs in the possession of a Mexican champion, not a Canadian. It's not a ground-breaking promo...but it's really well done nonetheless. That's definitely a marquee match.

Also, replacing Sexy Star...while hilarious, is pretty strange. It's not like the gimmick is anything groundbreaking. There are plenty of masked female wrestlers these days. I know that Mexico has a history of replacing their top names. We've seen it with Sin Cara, La Parka, etc. But...I just don't know that Sexy Star was worth the effort. Lol. 

I speak Spanish but I just skipped the video lol, I don't really need a promo to get me hyped for Omega vs Andrade, or as most of us still known him by, La Sombra. Should be a good match and if AAA is smart they will put the strap on Andrade. It will keep him around and he's a bigger name in Mexico than Omega.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so late on this, but I'm rewatching Lucha Underground on Tubi. It's a free streaming service with ads and they have all four seasons!

Episode one starts way cooler than I remember. El Dragon Azteca helping Dragon Azteca Jr and teaching him the history of lucha libre and the Aztecs. And the quick video package explaining that Dario Cueto showed up at AAA TripleMania and offered a ton of money for their roster lol

^ I really need to finish LU before the new season of MLW. I think I stopped around season 2 just because it was so difficult to watch back then. I remember season 1 was easy to stream, and then I think something changed and I needed to bootleg it online (which wasn't hard to do...but it was one extra step every time, and I was lazy). Now it's just so much to sit through at once. I have tried a few times, but...my attention span is not great. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Was really awesome seeing Ric Flair there, i find it really cute how much they support each other Andrade/Charlotte/Ric.

That they had Kenny win...eh not a huge fan, would have been a better idea to give Andrade the title.

Other than that it was a Typical Triplemania with a messy production, weird booking and constant shifting match quality.

Watched the whole thing. I watched TripleMania last year too. 

No way I could watch this consistently though ? the production is sooooo bad. And the wrestling style isn’t for me. I love high flying, but everything is just so sloppy. 

even Omega vs Andrade could’ve been better in AEW. Eh oh well. I look forward to a rematch on American soil. 

19 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Heel refs are a thing in AAA lol

I actually don’t mind the concept of refs having personalities. But as a “new” viewer, it would’ve been nice to be informed that. But I also noticed that same ref fast counted in other matches. 

they did a better job last TripleMania at explaining to new viewers with Hugo (?) speaking Spanglish sometimes. Especially during the US talents matches. 

Archived