Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP Paco Alonso. President of CMLL.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzo2fGbBO1O/?igshid=1jiiudw227ceo

Jericho pouring his heart out.

Legend recognizing another legend. I remember watching CMLL in Mexico when Chris was barely getting started. He was Corazon De Leon, or Lion Heart. Didn't really imagine he would evolve into one of the all time greats but I think his time in CMLL with that gimmick made him who he is today.

You could tell that it tore him up inside. Man, Lucha Libre has lost some good people this year.

RIP Paco Alonso. President of CMLL.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzo2fGbBO1O/?igshid=1jiiudw227ceo

Jericho pouring his heart out.

Legend recognizing another legend. I remember watching CMLL in Mexico when Chris was barely getting started. He was Corazon De Leon, or Lion Heart. Didn't really imagine he would evolve into one of the all time greats but I think his time in CMLL with that gimmick made him who he is today.

You could tell that it tore him up inside. Man, Lucha Libre has lost some good people this year.

Luchas lost some really huge names the last 2 or 3 years and it rarely makes any headlines. Such a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't kept up with Lucha Libre in a while. How is Diamante Azul doing these days?

I haven't kept up with any wrestling at all period, but yeah same with Lucha. Last I saw Diamante was actually in person at a Lucha Vavoom show in LA a few months ago. The CMLL anniversary show and dia de los muertos shows are coming up in the next few months so I will most likely get back into the mix by then.

Hearing news of poor ticket sales for AAA's Madison Square Garden show. There is apparently consideration to cancel the show, but as of right now they are still going through with it. I believe it's one month away.

Apparently they have an LA show in a similar situation.

• 1 month later...

Archived