Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

In a new report from Lucha Central, this past weekends AAA television scored an impressive 5.4 million viewers on Azteca TV, the largest viewing audience since appearing on the network, and over a million more than their previous record. The main event for the program was the surprise tag team title bout between the Lucha Bros and the Young Bucks, with the Bucks picking up the victory to capture AAA gold for the very first time. The two teams are scheduled for a rematch at AEWs Double or Nothing next month in Las Vegas.

Lucha Blog noted on Twitter that this is most likely the largest audience to ever witness a Young Bucks matchup. He also asked when the last time an episode of WWE television drew such a rating. The answer.the Monday Night Raw following WrestleMania 31.

https://lordsofpain.net/aaa-gains-largest-rating-ever-5-4-million-with-young-bucks-and-lucha-bros-title-match/amp/

This lucha underground star is as the latest wwe performance center tryout camp according to pwi

Former WWE Tough Enough competitor and NXT Superstar Ivelisse Velez. A 15-year ring veteran, Velez was known as Sofia Cortez during her tenure in Florida Championship Wrestling and NXT in 2011-2012. She brings international experience to the camp, having wrestled in China, the U.K., Australia and Ecuador

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't hurt if the referees had medical training as well, especially if having a medical staff at a show is something thats not typically happening.

Hopefully this will force some changes to the wrestling business down there. Perro only died in an in-ring accident a few years back, and Cuervo is lucky to be alive after that fat sack of shit threw a brick at the back of his head late last year (Which, oddly enough from what I've heard did a lot of damage to deathmatches in Mexico)

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't hurt if the referees had medical training as well, especially if having a medical staff at a show is something thats not typically happening.

Hopefully this will force some changes to the wrestling business down there. Perro only died in an in-ring accident a few years back, and Cuervo is lucky to be alive after that fat sack of shit threw a brick at the back of his head late last year (Which, oddly enough from what I've heard did a lot of damage to deathmatches in Mexico)

I wasnt aware of the Cuervo incident, what exactly happened?

I wasnt aware of the Cuervo incident, what exactly happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikoDbfJqr0

El Hijo del Kool Aid Man felt those chairshots at the beginning there were too stiff and the brick to the back of the head that followed was a receipt more or less. Think he claimed it was an accident but idk how you accidentally throw a brick like that. Dude needed emergency surgery iirc. Not sure how he's doing now

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/VYhtzBxPdV8

RIP Paco Alonso. President of CMLL.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzo2fGbBO1O/?igshid=1jiiudw227ceo

Jericho pouring his heart out.

Legend recognizing another legend. I remember watching CMLL in Mexico when Chris was barely getting started. He was Corazon De Leon, or Lion Heart. Didn't really imagine he would evolve into one of the all time greats but I think his time in CMLL with that gimmick made him who he is today.

Archived