Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucha Underground turned into a real shit company like wtf happened? I remember in the beginning there were so mamy stories of how cool it was to be there now they lockin people up under contract

It has always been an issue. The only reason why Ricochet managed to leave before Season 6 or 7 (not sure what was reported), was because that contract was only for the Prince Puma character. But since many people with the company now use the same gimmicks outside of LU, it has become a mess.

Lucha Underground turned into a real shit company like wtf happened? I remember in the beginning there were so mamy stories of how cool it was to be there now they lockin people up under contract

Tbh it was never a company though

Agreed. Lucha Underground screwed themselves.

With that being said, what does everyone think of El Hijo de Vikingo? The dude looks to be a star on the rise.

He looks pretty badass. If he bulks up a little more I see him being a heel character like El Perro. Seeing some pics of him and Villano 3 Jr. is making me want to watch lucha again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantasma announced he left AAA. I assume he's got contract stuff tying him up with both AAA and LU but I wonder where he'll end up when that's all resolved? WWE wanted him for the CWC a few years ago, MLW and ROH both seem to be eyeing lucha talent, and there's always AEW as well, though they have a deal with AAA so I'm not sure how that works. I feel like AEW signing a former top AAA guy would cause tension in that relationship

The reason Fantasma lost his mask last year was because he wanted to sign with WWE, but AAA put a stop too it.

I would think he's free to go now, unless his LU contract prevents that.

He should have never lost his mask. He should have just done the Mistico route when he went to WWE to become Sin Cara.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived