Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

I feel like it's always been a good mix of everything. I think season one had as much focus on indy talent as it does now, I mean Puma/Ricochet was champ for the majority of the season. And a lot of the focus in season one was on the likes of Mundo, Alberto and Cage. Plus, the main luchadors featured back then were Mil, Sexy, Pentagon, Drago, Cuerno and Fenix. Not much has changed since they're all still featured pretty heavily today, and the face of the company right now is Pentagon.

Just caught up with last night's episode. Shame we didn't get to see Wagner again, I'm guessing they're keeping him exclusively for Ultima Lucha specials. :lol: But the new acquisitions to Infamous Inc. were nice, though Jake Strong (Jack Swagger) seems so out of place. Kobra Moon's tribe vs. Worldwide Underground seems very interesting with both teams being heels, I doubt this turns Johnny's group face though. And Pentagon finally picking up a win against Matanza was great. I like how quick they're trying to make Pentagon into a legit champ and making up for putting the title on him two seasons late.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We noted before how Ring of Honor had lost their 2019 dates for a big Madison Square Garden debut for the company after MSG had talks with WWE. MSG officials had been down on the fact that none of WWE's WrestleMania 35 events were booked with them and how WWE had started using the Barclays Center in Brooklyn as their main arena in New York City.

Regarding the dates that Mexico's AAA promotion had booked for this fall, PWInsider reports that they still have the two dates booked. One date is Sunday, September 16th and the other is a back-up date as they are also looking at running Las Vegas on September 16th. There was talk of the other date being Sunday, September 23rd but word is that it will be later in the fall. AAA is working on strategies for debuting at MSG in the fall but they are also talking about possibly pushing the debut back to early 2019 as they want to maximize the opportunity.

WWE is set to return to MSG on Saturday, July 7th for a non-televised event with The Undertaker and Ronda Rousey. Word is that The Undertaker was added as a special attraction and not in response to MSG reaching out to other wrestling companies.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0622/642114/daniel-bryan-praises-wwe-uk-gm/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Caristico had repeatedly challenged Penta to come to his house, Arena México. Penta come out during the main event and brawled with Caristico.

This weeks Friday CMLL will have Rush, Terrible and Penta vs Caristico, Volodor and Valiente.

Ive really been enjoying the Friday shows. They are on Saturday my time and streaming for free on Facebook and YouTube.

Definitely gonna have to keep tabs on CMLL. Wanna see the Penta vs. OG Mistico match. I wonder if it'll lead to something big. Like, Mask vs. Mask big. I know Penta is putting his mask up against Sami at the Impact show coming up, but I'd be VERY surprised to see him lose.

Random question, but does anyone have good shots of Dragon Lees gear? I should be good on the mask (Thanks to eBay pics) but I can't find good shots of the logos on his kneepads, boots and tights anywhere

So funny seeing Killer Kross debut in both Impact/LU around the same time with completely different gimmicks, but both of them love violence lol.

Archived