Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

After 10 years of a career within CMLL in Mexico, Luchadora Zeuxis announced that she is leaving the company.

She said it is time to make a huge change in her career, a time of renewal and growth. You can see the video of her announcing her departure below:

https://twitter.com/BLACKTERRY/status/998704865957306368

After receiving a WWE tryout in 2016 many thought she would be heading to Florida to become the first masked female in WWE, however, she had other plans, cementing herself as the top female in Mexico. In August of 2017, Zeuxis defeated Marcela in an exciting match, conquering the Queen-CMLL International Champion.

She also had an intense rivalry with Princesa Sugehit that spanned almost the entire year in CMLL, with the two trading wins, titles, and more in several matches throughout the country of Mexico.

In September 2017 at the 84th Anniversary of the World Wrestling Council, she made wrestling history, being one of the first women to have a masked versus masked match at CMLLs Anniversary show, in the sacred ring of Arena Mexico. She faced off against Princesa Sugehit, fresh off her participation in WWEs Inaugural Me Young Classic and did the unthinkable, win the match, causing the 21-year-old veteran to remove her mask and reveal her real name.

At the end of last year, she even got to travel to Japan, doing a short tour with REINA in which she won all but one match she had while in the land of the rising sun.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/zeuxis-announces-her-cmll-departure/

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if true, but i've seen mentioned he's not coming alone.

Don't forget a potential NJPW tour at some point.

Are Penta, Fenix and Daga still a team? La Rebelion would definitely get me more interested in CMLL. An NJPW tour would also be great for them. One step at a time though. Might be FantasticaMania before he/they get to NJPW.

Not sure about WWE though. I can see Penta in WWE because I feel like he's more marketable. I feel like Fenix would end up being pegged into a role similar to Kalisto.

I wonder what kind of contract Fenix will have with CMLL. I hear he's making a killing in the indies, with merch and stuff, dunno if CMLL can/will match that.

So I was listening to Meltzer and it sounds like he won't actually sign with CMLL, more like he'll do some dates with them, kinda like LA Park I'm guessing.

Rey Fenix to CMLL would be awesome. I can imagine the dream matches vs Caristico and Dragon Lee to name a few, and if he could bring along his brother if even for a few bookings it would be the coolest thing in years. Penta vs Rush would be an amazing feud, but I guess we can't get too ahead of ourselves at this point.

LA Park / Psycho Clown / Fantasma / PENTAGON JR 4 way mask match in AAA

LA Park still hoping to do LA Park vs Rush mask/hair in CMLL

Fenix in AAA and CMLL at the same time

Konnan saying there may be a AAA vs CMLL show

Its all so crazy. Lucha libre is the best.

LA Park / Psycho Clown / Fantasma / PENTAGON JR 4 way mask match in AAA

LA Park still hoping to do LA Park vs Rush mask/hair in CMLL

Fenix in AAA and CMLL at the same time

Konnan saying there may be a AAA vs CMLL show

Its all so crazy. Lucha libre is the best.

If the first one is true then I hope Psycho Clown loses the mask, the other three don't deserve to lose it this way, if at all. As for a AAA vs CMLL show that is probably my wrestling dream at this point but only if each company sends their best guys. No overweight, past their prime fatties that can't go in the ring anymore. Of course I still want some of the legends to be there like Atlantis vs Dr. Wagner for example, but then have the younger guys face each other in dream matches like Dragon Lee vs Fantasma, Rush vs Pentagon, Volador Jr. vs Rey Fenix and so forth. And oh yeah, NO TNA guys, even Johnny Mundo or Cage, and ESPECIALLY NO Jeff Jarret!

Archived