Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe so. I've seen him work against Hardcore Holly at AAW before lmao.

Also, it's crazy to think how Pentagon has only been champ for a night on the show but is the longest reigning champ (500+ days) due to how long the show's been on hiatus. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Aro Lucha, the promotion founded by former Impact Wrestling minority owners Aroluxe, returns with live events on Friday 2/16 in Beaumont, TX at the Beaumont Civic Center and Saturday 2/17 in Humble, TX (Houston area)

Talents scheduled to appear at the events include John Hennigan, Low Ki, LAX, Shane "Hurricane" Helms, Juventud Guerrera, Sammy Guevara, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Blue Demon Jr., James Storm, Demius, Taya, Lady Apache, Maximo, Laredo Kid, Keyra, Xtra Talented, Steve Pain, Mascarita Dorada and more.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=115443

YESSSSS.

I've downgraded in cable providers recently, but I now have AXS TV for New Japan and El Rey for LU. So definetely looking forward to this season for that experience alone. :D

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Alberto El Patron said he was very close to returning, and hinted it would be for TripleMania in August. He also claims that he and Dorian Roldan talked things out and reached a verbal agreement, but wants it all put on paper before he returns.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/alberto-el-patron-likely-returning-aaa-2/

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the fourth season of Lucha Underground will start taping on February 23rd. They will tape mostly Friday through Sunday over a five-week window, generally taping two shows per night. They are moving the tapings from the temple in Boyle Heights to a new location, a warehouse as part of Union Central Cold Storage at 1525 Industrial Street in downtown Los Angeles. The original temple was too expensive to return to. They are looking at basing the talent in Los Angeles for the entire five-week season to save on flying people back and forth, and not everyone is returning due to the company working with a much smaller budget.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/new-details-season-4-lucha-underground/

Whats the original Mistico doing these days? Checked Wikipedia but the last mention of him doing anything is a year ago. With luchas popularity blowing up to some extent I'm surprised he isn't out there more

Uh, hes on freaking CMLL as Caristico and doing pretty well for himself. Hes one of their top guys and really has no need to go back to LU or AAA. He gets to work pretty much any Indy shows he wants as well as tour in NJPW every now and then.

Whats the original Mistico doing these days? Checked Wikipedia but the last mention of him doing anything is a year ago. With luchas popularity blowing up to some extent I'm surprised he isn't out there more

Uh, hes on freaking CMLL as Caristico and doing pretty well for himself. Hes one of their top guys and really has no need to go back to LU or AAA. He gets to work pretty much any Indy shows he wants as well as tour in NJPW every now and then.

Didn't say anything about LU or AAA. Just surprised that he's not booked in the US more, or at all really. He's undeniably the biggest lucha star of the generation. I'm surprised he's never shown up in PWG or Evolve. Even the Wrestlemania weekend shows where its basically all the best talents in the world in one place. Seems like once he left WWE he left the US as a whole.

I really hope Mil gets pushed as the main baddie again this season but based on last season and ones who may be returning, I'm guessing Pentagon Dark, Johnny Mundo, Cage and maybe Dragon Azteca Jr will be the main focus along with whoever top new guy they get.

I'm sure Mil will have a new big feud though at least

Archived