Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

classiq. had an update on Konnan's departure from the Crash a page back.

Luchablog had an update after Konnan did his podcast and addressed it personally.

Konnan addressed his departure from The Crash on his Keepin It 100 podc[ast, in a segment that starts 34:35 in. He explains it as a mutual parting of ways, rather than the implied firing The Crash statement put out. Konnan brings up two reasons: lack of trust & lack of time. His overarching belief is its better for everyone to be working together and getting along, because it gives everyone more places to work. He took that concept and a suggestion by Impacts Ed Nordholm into having a meeting with AAA & Dorian Roldan. (Konnan says he was angry with Dorian Roldan two years ago, but could move past it if it was best for everyone. Also, other information suggests this meeting happened a while ago.) The idea framed here is it was about to get AAA & Crash to agree to a non-aggression pact get something done to get AAA to stop running shows against them (like in Aguascalientes & Queretaro, and even them both running Nuevo Laredo the same day), and work out something so AAA/LLFMV would stop threatening Fenix & Penta & everyone they work with lawsuits. It didnt work; AAA isnt backing off, and The Crash lost trust in Konnan, believing he was actually trying to get back in good with AAA. Konnan noted that once you lose trust, its tough to rebuild it.

The other issue was time. Konnan wasnt around enough for their liking. The Crash wasnt happy Konnan was at Impact tapings when The Crash had their big tour, and wasnt happy that Arolucha would be another thing taking his focus away from The Crash. Konnan says they pushed him to concentrate on The Crash, he wanted to do more than that, and they agreed to split.

I think Konnan was just booker of the Crash, same thing he's doing in Arolucha. I know both of them want to try and get into the USA, at the moment I hope the Crash gets there.

I like Konnan, a lot of what has happened with lucha outside of Mexico he's had a part of.

Aro Lucha announced a second live event over the weekend for Friday 1/19/18 in Amarillo, Texas at the Azteca Music Hall.

The promotion previously announced an event for Saturday 1/20/18 in Lubbock, Texas at the Fair Park Coliseum On The Fairgrounds.

The promotion, operated by the former Impact Wrestling minority owner, held its first TV taping, which was well received by reports we've received, several weeks ago in Nashville, TN with Rey Mysterio, CMLL star Rush, MVP, John Hennigan, Willie Mack, Jack Evans, Hurricane Helms and more appearing.

Tickets information will be released this week.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=114260

Aro Lucha announced a second live event over the weekend for Friday 1/19/18 in Amarillo, Texas at the Azteca Music Hall.

The promotion previously announced an event for Saturday 1/20/18 in Lubbock, Texas at the Fair Park Coliseum On The Fairgrounds.

The promotion, operated by the former Impact Wrestling minority owner, held its first TV taping, which was well received by reports we've received, several weeks ago in Nashville, TN with Rey Mysterio, CMLL star Rush, MVP, John Hennigan, Willie Mack, Jack Evans, Hurricane Helms and more appearing.

Tickets information will be released this week.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=114260

Literally nine days ago.

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I did not want to start a new thread. I am attempting to create a CAW who I want to be an exotico. I am not well versed in the tradition and I was wondering if someone could give me some points of reference to research.

Exoticos are usually very effeminate and gay characters in the world of lucha libre. Usually they over exaggerate these traits to the tenth degree given that there is no PC police in Mexico so they do what they want and it's not seen as offensive but rather humorous. They aren't total throwaway comic relief characters. Look at guys like Cassandro or Maximo who can hold their own in the ring with top names and even win prestigious titles. Also, like in the case of Maximo they aren't always gay in real life but just do it as a gimmick because it helps them move up the card and stand out more from the rest of the pack.

• 2 weeks later...

After taping a TV pilot in Nashville, Aro Lucha is currently focusing on live events in the Lone Star State of Texas. The promotion has two dates announced for next month and we are told they are currently trying to put together additional Texas markets for February through April of 2018.

Aro Lucha currently has two live dates announced:

Friday 1/19/18 in Amarillo, Texas at the Azteca Music Hall.

Saturday 1/20/18 in Lubbock, Texas at the Fair Park Coliseum On The Fairgrounds.

The promotion, operated by former Impact Wrestling minority owner Aroluxe, held its first TV taping several weeks ago in Nashville, TN with Rey Mysterio, CMLL star Rush, MVP, John Hennigan, Willie Mack, Jack Evans, Hurricane Helms and more appearing. The taping received mostly positive reviews from those we've heard from.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=114439

• 2 weeks later...

No new Lucha Underground updates? Been a while :(

Yeah, nothing new since the teaser trailer dropped unfortunately. But at least we know it's happening though, eventually...

It's cool though that it appears talent that have gone to Impact will still be able to work LU. I know LU's people have stressed that the partnership is between Impact and AAA, but still, would be cool if they expanded on that. Imagine seeing some of the X-Division guys appear on LU and vice versa. Could be very exciting stuff and would help both brands. Impact hasn't been shy about name dropping them either.

Jeff Cobb's popularity rose exponentially when he competed as Matanza Cueto in Lucha Underground. During a recent interview with WrestlingInc.com owner Raj Giri, Cobb revealed that his status for season four of Lucha Underground is currently up in the air. He said he's open to rejoining the promotion, but he would need some things to change.

"I haven't heard much about it and I'm still kind of negotiating season four - you know kind of the long break hasn't been helpful to anybody and its soured a lot of people that are involved with it," he said. "In a perfect world, I would love to come back but there's a couple of things that need to be ironed out. Not just with me but with everybody so we just need to figure something out and everybody needs to get on the same page."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0108/635672/jeff-cobb-on-if-he-has-wwe-tryout-regrets/

LU without Matanza would be weird.

No new Lucha Underground updates? Been a while :(

Yeah, nothing new since the teaser trailer dropped unfortunately. But at least we know it's happening though, eventually...

It's cool though that it appears talent that have gone to Impact will still be able to work LU. I know LU's people have stressed that the partnership is between Impact and AAA, but still, would be cool if they expanded on that. Imagine seeing some of the X-Division guys appear on LU and vice versa. Could be very exciting stuff and would help both brands. Impact hasn't been shy about name dropping them either.

Not really they can,still drop it even if they had a teaser

John Morrison recently spoke with Hannibal TV (transcript via wrestlinginc.com), and spoke about his issues with Vampiro & AAA

On His Issues With Vampiro: The office stooge Vampiro, the turd-cutter from AAA Vampiro? No, man. Actually, its still going. Theyve got a show on the 26th of January that theyve advertised me on, again, without asking.

On Not Working The Date hes being Falsely Advertised For: I blame Vampiro for all this, Morrison said. Literally, Ive had conflict with that show for a long time, and Im pulling off the show now on January 26th unfortunately for Vampiro and for them.

His Final Thoughts on Vampiro: I think Vampiro means well, but once a turd-cutter, always a turd-cutter, he said. Suck it, Vamp.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/john-morrison-says-vampiro-turd-cutter-aaa-falsely-advertising/

Archived