Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been avoiding this topic because I'm not caught up on LU but I've been watching a bit of CMLL and was wondering what the deal was with the Ingobernables. Is it just Rush and Pierroth, now? Also whos' the dude carrying the flag for them? And is Dragon Lee a rudo now?

I'd love to answer these questions for you as I watch CMLL regularly, but lately I haven't been watching it regularly lol. I don't know about Dragon Lee, it is possible he is a rudo now since he is related to Rush and Pierroth. As for the guy carrying their flag I don't know since I haven't seen him. Hopefully I can catch up on it soon and see what's going on.

They had the Dinastias Cup or something this last friday and it was Mistico, Pierroth and Dragon Lee as a team.

Not sure if you know this but Pierroth is the father of Dragon Lee, Mistico, and Rush, who are all brothers of course. Dragon Lee teaming up with them is mainly out of family heritage, which is what the Dinastias Cup is, which means Dinasty in Spanish. There are tons of families in lucha libre and in CMLL alone there's a bunch, like Volador Jr, Super Parka, LA Park and his son are all related. Also Psycho Clown is related to Super Porky, the Brazos dynasty, Maximo and La Mascara. I could go on if you're interested but this is common in lucha, it's a family business.

I knew Rush was Lee's brother and figured Mistico was as well through the commentary but I didn't know Pierroth was their dad, damn. He doesn't look that old.

EDIT: I just looked it up and Pierroth is retired so I guess the guy I saw teaming with them was Comandante Pierroth aka Toro Blanco, which seems to be Rush's nickname as well? This is confusing :lol:

Yeah, I saw the video on twitter.

Story is sexy star was kicked in the face hard, sold it for a second then went after her opponent.

Looked like a real beatdown.

Pretty disturbing too..

https://youtu.be/0vTxE6kW-VQ

Someone who was in the crowd mentioned that she actually started shooting before the kick, and the kick was a retaliatory attack. According to @thefredork on twitter, who claims to have been taking pictures in the crowd for a website. According to him/her, Sexy had been shooting and working super stiff all match.

I knew Rush was Lee's brother and figured Mistico was as well through the commentary but I didn't know Pierroth was their dad, damn. He doesn't look that old.

EDIT: I just looked it up and Pierroth is retired so I guess the guy I saw teaming with them was Comandante Pierroth aka Toro Blanco, which seems to be Rush's nickname as well? This is confusing :lol:

Yeah the most famous of all the Pierroths is retired and in bad health, his name is actually Pierroth Jr. This current Pierroth used to be El Toro blanco which is why Rush has that nickname and they all wear those boots with tassels on them. He doesn't look that old to have three grown ass kids.

i know this is most likely a question that has been asked/answered before in this thread, but is their anywhere where i could find subs for aaa/cmll got really into LU and wanted to hget into more serious lucha. aaa posts what i think is their weekly tv on their youtube channel but the subbs for it aren't any good. i need to learn more spanish.

The Crash announced today that theyve parted ways with Konnan and released a statement that sounds like things didnt end on the best of terms.

The statement on Facebook reads: The Crash Lucha Libre brand is known for the way we treat people and value each and every single person that works in this company. Bettering the economical and habitual needs. Showing the support for each element and giving opportunity to new talent. In this way, the value and professionalism shown between each of its partners.

Not being able to comply to the Crash Lucha Libre code of ethic, is something that we do not tolerate in this company. With that being said, We now announce that Carlos Santiago Espada Konnan, will no longer be working with The Crash.

Its unclear at this point what caused the two sides to split. Theres also no word on whether this will affect Konnans relationship with Impact Wrestling, who are affiliated with The Crash.

As we previously reported though, Konnan was recently announced as the head writer of the new startup promotion Aro Lucha fronted by the production team who used to work with Impact.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/konnan-crash-lucha-libre/

Archived