Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't consider stiffness and shooting the same thing, really. Being a little stiff to wake an opponent up if somethings a little off is fine, but going in to business for yourself or losing your temper and trying to injure something is pathetic and needs to be punished as severely as possible, in my honest opinion.

I only really see an issue with shooting if it's two people with real heat who shoot on each other, or if it's the monetary hot headed situation in a bad match. There's a big difference in things like that, and situations like Act Yasukawa and this IMO. A hard shot or a hard slam is different from beating someone, or applying a hold that makes it very easy to injure an opponent. I would have gave her the benefit of the doubt and said that it was an accident in the heat of the moment, but her actions afterwards make that an impossibility.

Random thought, but does anyone think this may have been intentional on her part? I mean this situation isn't going away. Could she have done it to bring attention to her name and try to turn it into a more successful boxing career?

AAA, and I guess a lot of other wrestling companies, are changing to try and swerve the audience. They have to change. The Mundo/Taya/Vampiro story is one example. Taya's side was probably real, Taya getting stripped of the title for holding a submission too long (sound familiar?) but they worked it to make it a story.

Im not on Sexy's side and I'm not on Rosemary's side. Anyone who's watched Lucha more than the gif of the final seconds of the match would know that these things happen in lucha and don't get me wrong it is not right but they happen. Anyway, AAA are probably going to make the obligatory apology today and AAA will move on. I wouldn't be surprised if they, with the complete disregard for social media, turn it into a storyline.

Octagon back in CMLL too. First time since leaving for AAA in 1992.

I don't consider stiffness and shooting the same thing, really. Being a little stiff to wake an opponent up if somethings a little off is fine, but going in to business for yourself or losing your temper and trying to injure something is pathetic and needs to be punished as severely as possible, in my honest opinion.

I only really see an issue with shooting if it's two people with real heat who shoot on each other, or if it's the monetary hot headed situation in a bad match. There's a big difference in things like that, and situations like Act Yasukawa and this IMO. A hard shot or a hard slam is different from beating someone, or applying a hold that makes it very easy to injure an opponent. I would have gave her the benefit of the doubt and said that it was an accident in the heat of the moment, but her actions afterwards make that an impossibility.

Random thought, but does anyone think this may have been intentional on her part? I mean this situation isn't going away. Could she have done it to bring attention to her name and try to turn it into a more successful boxing career?

Again, we're operating under different understandings of shooting. When I say shoot, I don't just mean stiff strikes and grapples, I mean going in to business yourself and legitimately trying to hurt someone.

Bestia 666 vs Jack Evans hair vs hair match on for the Crash in November. Crash also going to announce the first Rush vs Penta soon.

It's an interesting deal between The Crash & CMLL. Hope Crash might be able to get Dragon Lee for a match or two.

First shots of Wagner post-Triplemania

Wagner.jpg

Bestia 666 vs Jack Evans hair vs hair match on for the Crash in November. Crash also going to announce the first Rush vs Penta soon.

It's an interesting deal between The Crash & CMLL. Hope Crash might be able to get Dragon Lee for a match or two.

Let's just see if them letting Rush work Crash and CMLL doesn't cause any backstage problems in CMLL...

Not sure it's been mentioned, but Fenix is having a Mask vs. Title match with Sami Callihan this weekend at AAW in Chicago. I'm not super familiar with the AAW storylines but I know Fenix and Sami have had a feud there for a while. I assume this has to be the match where Fenix finally wins the title. Surely he's not losing his mask like this?

Let's just see if them letting Rush work Crash and CMLL doesn't cause any backstage problems in CMLL...

Does Crash pay more than CMLL? That's the only way I can see it becoming an issue.

This past weekend AAA collaborated with Global Force Wrestling to host the 25th TripleMania event in Mexico City, Mexico. This event has been in many headlines due to the incident between Sexy Star and Rosemary.

One of the marquee matches of the evening was a Lucha de Apuestas mask vs. mask match between AAA legend Dr. Wagner, Jr. and Psycho Clown. In the end, Psycho Clown was able to defeat Wagner, Jr., forcing him to remove his mask after over 30 years as that character. Wagner has now changed his name to “Rey” (King) Wagner.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Wagner received the equivalent of US $255,443.79 for agreeing to do the job and remove his mask. This is reportedly the largest payoff in Lucha Libre history.

Psycho Clown, on the other hand, agreed to 28,382.64 to drop his mask if he was to lose. He ended up earning $4,541.22 for the match.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/880111-how-much-did-dr-wagner-jr-get-paid-for-losing-his-mask-at-triplemania

What I get out of it is stating the facts while not accepting responsibility, painting herself as the victim because people are mad at her, talking about how shes really a hero, before ending it by questioning the injury she caused

Yeah and wow.

She has the audacity to act like the real victim and a hero for woman who have been "mistreated" pyhsically...after she almost broke another womans arm who trusted her with her body.

A "im sorry" or "i got caught in the moment and made a mistake" would have pretty much ended the whole thing...but this...this will only make it worse now.

She doesnt even say something stupid like "oh accidents happen".

What I get out of it is stating the facts while not accepting responsibility, painting herself as the victim because people are mad at her, talking about how shes really a hero, before ending it by questioning the injury she caused

Yeah and wow.

She has the audacity to act like the real victim and a hero for woman who have been "mistreated" pyhsically...after she almost broke another womans arm who trusted her with her body.

A "im sorry" or "i got caught in the moment and made a mistake" would have pretty much ended the whole thing...but this...this will only make it worse now.

She doesnt even say something stupid like "oh accidents happen".

I won't defend her in any way cause injuring someone (even the injury fortunately is minimal according to an update Rosemary gave out) during a match by cause or because you got caught in the Moment is totally unproffesional and a huge no go.

What I got out of the Situation though was that Shani and Hamada had a beef with her and they let it out during the match which made the match look very sloppy. In a particular spot it looked that after a few elbow shots from Shani, Sexy were ready for the next move but Shani pushed her back into the corner and kept giving her hard elbows. I guess that's where she got pissed off herself and the whole match turned into a stif fight between the 3 while Rosemary were trying to keep things normal and went with the booking as much as she could.

Unfortunately Rosemary payed the Price of a fight between the other three at the end when a totally pissed off Sexy held the hold too long, overextending and bruising Rosemarys shoulder in the process.

She could had at least apologized to Rosemary and saying how things really were though instead of doing as she "didn't even noticed because it happen in the heat of the Moment".

By doing that she rather turned the whole planet against her which will definately cost her bookings if not even her Job.

Archived