Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

Sure sounds like Mundo's gone too.

Luchablog points out there's only two people in AAA that could of got Sexy back and Vampiro isn't one of them. It seems he's getting a lot of the shit for it.

I think a lot of the shit on Vampiro is unwarranted.

I know they're different things but I think LU S4 is really in doubt now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sad, AAA had the chance to be the unquestioned kinds of lucha libre a couple of years ago and now because of shady business practices and shady relationship moves Lucha Underground may be done and AAA will go that way as well if no one wants to work for them anymore.

I like Kobra Moon's stable, but they need a serious attire upgrade. They all look like crap compared to Kobra and Drago. They remind me of Mil's Disciples of Death, who looked really cartoony at the beginning until like Ultima Lucha when they got an attire change.

It just sucks how salty he's become about LU. Like sure, the contract situation sucks and they haven't made him champ since season 1...but I mean it's not like they're jobbing him out until he leaves like most companies would do and he's always featured in one way or another in some storyline.

True, and to be quite honest LU put him on the map with the more casual wrestling fans than the stuff he did in the indies or New Japan. There's a lot of wrestling fans that didn't really know who Ricochet was until he became Prince Puma, I for sure didn't. It's also pretty dumb of him to complain about it when it was he himself who signed that contract. Whether he read the fine print or not that is his fault.

I don't blame him that much. I think many people signing the contract expected eventual touring if the show took off. At the least, there's no reason why there shouldn't be at least monthly live LU branded shows. I don't think any wrestlers believed they would be paid for a few days of matches a few times a year. As hot a commodity that Ricochet is it's costing him money. If he was a free agent he could leverage it and have everyone bidding for him. He'd make a lot more money regardless of where he went.

I don't usually buy DVD sets of anything, and I mean ever, but if LU put out a DVD set for each season of LU I would buy all of them, especially season 1. Would be a great way to catch up on the episodes I haven't seen and support them at the same time, not to mention being able to see great wrestling action.

Is there going to be a season four? What's the update on that?

Doubtful, ateast not how it was before. Drago seems to have signed with GFW, Muno and Taya will follow soon. Then there is the whole Pentagon/Fenix drama with AAA and i can't see Ricochet staying either.

If it were to continue it's star power will take a massive blow.

Is there going to be a season four? What's the update on that?

Doubtful, ateast not how it was before. Drago seems to have signed with GFW, Muno and Taya will follow soon. Then there is the whole Pentagon/Fenix drama with AAA and i can't see Ricochet staying either.

If it were to continue it's star power will take a massive blow.

Plus Rey Mysterio is likely gone too, probably to GFW.

The Prince Puma character to me will always be better than Ricochet as himself. His character as Puma is way more interesting and he even seems to talk better on LU. He sounds like a whiny neeeeerd as himself imo. He also looks way cooler as Puma

This. Becoming Prince Puma gave him what he was lacking. He would have more success in WWE masked then he would as himself since he would just get lost in the middle of the 205 roster and wouldn't stand out.

Sure sounds like Mundo's gone too.

Luchablog points out there's only two people in AAA that could of got Sexy back and Vampiro isn't one of them. It seems he's getting a lot of the shit for it.

I think a lot of the shit on Vampiro is unwarranted.

I know they're different things but I think LU S4 is really in doubt now.

I dunno. I feel like Vampiro can be kind of a snake. Just the way he talks in shoot interviews vs. how he acts. I mean, virtually every Vampiro shoot I've seen features him bashing AAA, yet he works for them.

I thought AAA and LU let them go to GFW. So they basically all left LU? Johnny Mundo and Tanya left AAA right? Do that affect them on LU?

LU ain't letting anybody work GFW, that's all AAA's doing. I've heard LU aren't quite thrilled about the AAA-GFW working relationship, but there's nothing they can do about gimmicks AAA own like Drago and El Hijo Del Fantasma (King Cuerno). Taya is definitely gone but I haven't heard anything about Mundo leaving AAA yet, but he might be on his way out as he's not exactly happy right now. Gonna be awkward for AAA to have to vacate 3 belts that he's currently holding. I think this will definitely affect their appearances next season since AAA owns a percentage of LU.

I thought AAA and LU let them go to GFW. So they basically all left LU? Johnny Mundo and Tanya left AAA right? Do that affect them on LU?

LU ain't letting anybody work GFW, that's all AAA's doing. I've heard LU aren't quite thrilled about the AAA-GFW working relationship, but there's nothing they can do about gimmicks AAA own like Drago and El Hijo Del Fantasma (King Cuerno). Taya is definitely gone but I haven't heard anything about Mundo leaving AAA yet, but he might be on his way out as he's not exactly happy right now. Gonna be awkward for AAA to have to vacate 3 belts that he's currently holding. I think this will definitely affect their appearances next season since AAA owns a percentage of LU.

Mundo is booked for GFW Live events in a few weeks.

Archived