Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That stuff about Ultimo Guerreros car being destroyed though. Wow. Only in Mexico haha.

So has AAA done anything about this in regards to Psycho Clowns involvement?

AAA probably doesn't give a shit. They're more concerned about what name the former Pantagon Jr. is going to use next.

Willie Mack recently spoke with The Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling, here are the highlights

Being given a huge push by Lucha Underground and facing Johnny Mundo: My thoughts on being elevated to the main event level is like its a trip and a dream come true. As a kid you say you want to be champion and when it is about to happen and it is literally in your sites for me, I always thought Id just be a wrestler that never got to travel or noticed by anybody and I just thought Id be like one of those dudes that people dont care about. But people invested in me and it really gives you a confidence boost to go in and be this dude that people say I am now. Johnny Mundo has been in the ring all over the place and being able to be in the ring with him is an honor because I know he is going to bring it every time we get in the ring and to say I can keep up with a dude of his caliber makes me feel like I am on the same level as him and I feel good about that.

Lucha Underground appreciating his talent: It seems like they appreciate you more and they are investing in you and they are saying lets see what I can do. When they reward you with something it makes you feel good and makes you feel like you arent just doing all this for nothing. But Ill be happy just going out there and wrestling for the crowd because that is what I like to do.

His release from WWE in 2014 before debuting for NXT: It is like a long-ass process with them. It is like a six month thing when you get signed. I was signed for six months before anybody found out anything and a week before I was to report to Orlando, they hit me up and said dont plan on coming to Orlando because a doctor said he didnt like how my blood pressure was and how my knee looked and that was it. I asked for them to send me my medical papers and when they called me Friday to say Im not coming, on Saturday they Fex-Exd me my release form and do you think they ever sent that medical paper work? Nope.

Speculation as to why we was let go: I come to find out that they hired some other folk from a tryout after the one that I had done. It came down to the fact (the other guy) and I were the same height but one can do all the moves and has charisma and the other one has the body they like. I am pretty sure you can tell who I am talking about. My contract for NXT was supposed to be for three years and Ive now been with Lucha Underground for three years and dont you think if I was hurt or there was anything medically wrong with me I would have been out by now? So that is three years of my life that I could have been paying for my pet food and being good because that left me homeless after that all happened. I thought I was going to pay all of these bills and once they dropped me it sucked for a minute but Lucha Underground hit me up and that saved my life.

His future with Lucha Underground and would ever pursue a return to WWE: I want to stick here. This is something special and it has a potential to go a long way and be around for a long-ass time. I think if I can build my name up here and make this my home it will be a good decision for me. Now more people are coming over to this side and say Lucha Underground is awesome and as we get more viewers I think sticking around will be awesome and a good idea. If it happens, it happens and if it doesnt, it doesnt.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/willie-mack-my-wwe-release-left-me-homeless/

Though last nights Lucha Underground Season Three return was very light on womens action, Taya revealed theres more intergender action to come. In a recent interview with Paste Magazine she opens up about whats to come on the later half of this season, her character, role as a mediator for the Worldwide Underground, and more.

On whats to come later this season: My character has so much more going on in the second half of season three than I did in the first half, so dont worry! Youll get your fix of wera loca [colloquially, crazy white girl in Spanish] all over the second half of season three. You can expect lots more intergender matches that are some of my favorites for the season, and a crazy finale that will be talked about Im sure for a long time. Obviously the first half of season three Im working on the documentary of Johnny Mundo, so you can wait to see the final production of my fine directing debut, I guess you could say.

On her character development: Tayas a character that is just growing indefinitely and I am so ready to keep going with whats been going on in Lucha Underground. And Im very excited to even start season four because Ive grown so much as a character and performer over that time. Im really excited for what the next few months have to offer.

On her role in Worldwide Underground: As you can see most of the time Im wrangling my children, as I like to say. I cant remember what match it wasit was PJ [black] and Jack [Evans] and theyre both misbehaving and I was getting mad. Its awesome! I love me some PJ, some Jack, and some Johnny Mundo. I think that we have such a good group, the four of us together. We complement each other so well, were so different at the same time, every single one of us.

On how different Lucha Underground is compared to other promotions: I mean, the first day that I got to the temple, it was like an ah ha moment because I just had worked so hard to get there and it was so different even from working with AAA. AAA is the more traditional structured wrestling program with the traditional backstage vignettes and the traditional calling out your opponents and all that kind of stuff. Underground really pushes the boundaries of the definition of what a wrestling show is, and thats why we really do call ourselveswere a tv show, were not a wrestling show. I think its so cool because now the character development is so much more intense, and people just get so much more wrapped up in where people start.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/135064/taya-praises-upcoming-intergender-matches-season-lucha-underground/

Jeff Cobb from Lucha Underground and Uproxx.com/With Spandex Writer, Bill Hanstock are the special guests on Sean Waltman‘s X-Pac 12360 this week. You can download the show at this link, or listen to it in the player below, and the following are some Jeff Cobb interview highlights:

Jeff Cobb on playing the Matanza character in Lucha Underground:

“At first I was kind of bummed about being under a mask. At the time when they (Lucha Underground) told me the character, I didn’t really comprehend or grasp what it was but at the time I was just looking for any exposure to get my name out there and I just figured it’s something to expand on me personally instead of just being the same person over and over in every indy company.”

Breaking glass during Dragon Azteca match:

“I punched through the glass and was like awe cool, it kind of hurt and then I felt warm liquid running down my hand so it was very weird and then I looked down and blood was squirting out from my wrist and I was like awe crap… I was cleared like a week later and we ended up filming it (Dragon Azteca Match) like two weeks after the incident.”

WWE wanted me to get bigger:

“Everybody wants to get to the WWE so I did a little thing with them and they wanted me to get bigger so…”

“X-Pac: Did they tell you that?”

Cobb: “Yeah, this is when I was only like 215-220 so I was like well I got to get bigger I’ll get bigger so I just started lifting more and less cardio.”

Bucket list goal to wrestle in Japan:

“I just feel my style would work there great. I think the Japanese fans would be really receptive too. Like, someone compared me once to Gary Albright obviously a shorter version and probably with better hair. I can’t grow a mullet. That is definitely on my foreseeable future list or my to-do list.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/845373-lucha-underground-star-jeff-cobb-on-what-wwe-told-him-why-he-was-initially-bummed-having-to-play-matanza-his-wrestling-goal-more

Archived