Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's cool to see it 4K. And I love matches with no commentary. I wish there was more of that.

I wasn't going to say anything about the Jack Evans thing, but since I've seen a lot of smart asses on various sites preaching about how dangerous/irresponsible that move was, I'm going to go ahead and say it.

I think it's lame how hard some people get worked by injuries nowadays. Is it just because a lot of selling isn't in style right now? I agree that Jack Evans made it look really scary and realistic, but typically people don't have real seizures like that in wrestling matches. When I heard the news I was concerned, but then I saw the clip and I was at least a bit skeptical. I think you should usually assume it's a work and then wait for more news. If not, fine. But don't go on the internet and try to make it sound like the wrestlers are unprofessional or something.

It looked like Evans was mimicking what he thought someone having a seizure would look like. Have people seen many seizures? My neighbor had diabetes and would constantly have seizures. Once he had a seizure on his riding mower and kept driving it in a circle.

Not everybody is your neighbor

Not sure where they are going to take LI from here. One route would be to incorporate Mistico and Dragon Lee into the group and have the whole family involved, and with Lee's involvement in Japan bridge the gap with LI de Japon. Another thing if they want to get major heat, would be to bring Sam Adonis into the group, Trump flag and all. Other than that I don't really know.

TBH it wouldn't shock me if Rush decides to leave now that La Mascara is gone. Them two are really close friends, CMLL management are not exactly his favorite people, from what i heard he is quite the loose cannon backstage. And most of the time gives no *censored*s about what they think. Also, i'm sure AAA would be all over it if they coud get two founding members of Los Ingobernables.

Not sure where they are going to take LI from here. One route would be to incorporate Mistico and Dragon Lee into the group and have the whole family involved, and with Lee's involvement in Japan bridge the gap with LI de Japon. Another thing if they want to get major heat, would be to bring Sam Adonis into the group, Trump flag and all. Other than that I don't really know.

Dragon Lee and Hiromu as Junior Tag Champs?

Super Luchas magazine reported that both Jose & Felipe Alvarado, better known as Maximo Sexy and La Mascara, were fired from CMLL stemming from the incident yesterday morning where a number of members of the Alvarado family destroyed the car of Jose Gutierrez (Ultimo Guerrero) in a story that may have even more significant ramifications.

The incident was seemingly that the Alvarado family expected that the position of the head of the company controlled wrestlers union would go to a family member, and Felipe in particular expected he would get the position his father held. There was apparently a meeting on Thursday where Gutierrez spoke negatively about Jesus Alvarado (Brazo de Oro, who passed away on April 28th), and the next morning the furious family destroyed his car in a private parking lot at Arena Mexico.

Gutierrez said he was pressing charges so now police are involved in the situation.

There are many questions because other Alvarado family members. most notably Super Porky, still work for CMLL. Super Porky is currently out of action due to health reasons but is one of the most enduring stars in Mexico. Felipe is close with the Munoz family, which includes Mistico, Rush and Dragon Lee, and the Casas family is related to the Alvarado family by marriage.

Maximo was off last night's show in Arena Mexico, where he was scheduled in a trios main event and replaced by Marco Corleone without explanation. La Mascara wasn't booked on the show.

Maximo Sexy was the CMLL World Heavyweight Champion and La Mascara was the CMLL Light Heavyweight Champion. CMLL owns both names.

What makes this even more of an issue is that Psycho Clown was one of the family members who was there while the car was being destroyed, except he was unmasked. Because the footage could make mainstream news, it also affects AAA's biggest match of the year, Psycho Clown vs. Dr. Wagner Jr. in a mask vs. mask match.

AAA would look bad in not punishing Psycho Clown, and would expose their biggest money match in years if they did get rid of him. There's also the thought that AAA, who has lost a lot of talent, would welcome the recently fired members of the Alvarado family.

http://www.f4wonline.com/mexico/cmll-reportedly-fires-maximo-sexy-and-la-mascara-235936?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Archived